Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

SiTH Custom Unranked Server- Showcase

Discuss topics unrelated to CRYENGINE.

WaR_SPiRiT
Developer
Developer

SiTH Custom Unranked Server- Showcase

Postby WaR_SPiRiT » 06.07.2011, 15:10

Wassup Guys, I'd just like to advertise the SiTH servers to our modding community. The SiTH clan has two servers from NFOservers, there reputation as a server company is great, great pings, great servers and due to the location of the servers in NYC we can provide for all of North America and a lot of Europe!

So yeah. Just search Sith in the filters box of Crysis 2 and the servers will show up! We have:

!Sith! Mixed Ranked - A good variation in all orginal Crysis 2 Maps featuring all Game Modes. We're very popular and high in the game server ranks.

And now more important for the CryMod community we have:

!Sith! Custom Unranked - A variety of Custom Maps from the CryMod community with up to date versions of the final map and their variety of Game Modes. Current maps and Download links are listed below:

Sith Forest: viewtopic.php?f=309&t=69201
by WaR_SPiRiT

Hotel Rooftop: viewtopic.php?f=309&t=68819
by Dj-iceman

Shipment: viewtopic.php?f=309&t=69407
by IGORT_CRYMAP

Steel Mill: viewtopic.php?f=309&t=69229
by MZperX

Lost in City: viewtopic.php?f=309&t=69181
by XxKeybladerxX

More coming soon!!
If you would like your map added to this rotation please leave a comment to the information/download page, please make sure your map works for online play!

Thanks guys!
Last edited by WaR_SPiRiT on 14.07.2011, 22:49, edited 9 times in total.
TSAndrey
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: SiTH Custom Unranked Server- Showcase

Postby TSAndrey » 06.07.2011, 16:13

Nice... Have you fixed your map?
WaR_SPiRiT
Developer
Developer

Postby WaR_SPiRiT » 06.07.2011, 16:36

Not yet. :(

Was gonna test it right now, but the server is populated!! Don't wanna kick everyone hahahha.

Gonna add Bridge to the rotation! So make sure you download that one!
WaR_SPiRiT
Developer
Developer

Postby WaR_SPiRiT » 06.07.2011, 19:49

New version of Sith Forest and also Bridge have been added to the rotation!!!

Download NOAW.
TSAndrey
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby TSAndrey » 06.07.2011, 20:50

I have downloaded: Forest, Bridge, Aquarium, Rooftop and Steelmill! Time to play some games :D
neilthecellist
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby neilthecellist » 07.07.2011, 06:24

CryTek needs to allow RoS server admins access to the \Textures folder, or SkyMill will never see the light of day.
Deodys
Producer
Producer

Postby Deodys » 07.07.2011, 06:28

It's awesome to see servers like yours that support the work of mappers! I think I might find myself hopping on the server tomorrow.
neilthecellist
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby neilthecellist » 07.07.2011, 06:43

Deodys, we are trying to be as supportive to the community as possible, but CryTek won't allow people who PAY for dedicated servers to have access to the \Textures or other folders within \GameCrysis2 besides \Wars.
Deodys
Producer
Producer

Postby Deodys » 08.07.2011, 07:09

That's really weird. I'd imagine enough people will be annoyed by this though to the point where they have to change it.
neilthecellist
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby neilthecellist » 08.07.2011, 13:53

Yeah, you would think, right? It's like CryTek is stabbing itself in the back.
Steampunk
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby Steampunk » 08.07.2011, 14:01

neilthecellist wrote:Deodys, we are trying to be as supportive to the community as possible, but CryTek won't allow people who PAY for dedicated servers to have access to the \Textures or other folders within \GameCrysis2 besides \Wars.

neilthecellist wrote:Yeah, you would think, right? It's like CryTek is stabbing itself in the back.

Wrong and Wrong. They don't have to since at any time you can supply a own texture pack for you levels. They have said they won't officially suport map transfers so its up to the moders to make it work and they got all the tools they need, they just need to use them properly Custom Content For Modifications *coughs*
neilthecellist
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby neilthecellist » 08.07.2011, 14:21

.... So basically, what you're saying is, I'm wrong, but it's the modders' fault themselves?

We can't load SteelMill onto our RoS based server because it requires access beyond \Maps. Let's say you're right, that \Textures is client-side. Well then, what about scripts.pak? I think that's server- as well as client-side, because SteelMill crashes our paid RoS server when we try to load it on there, but when I start my own server using my home PC, I don't have any problems.

CryTek specifically sent emails out to RoS admins forbidding them file access to any folder beside \Maps.

And yes, I've read through that link you supplied. Nowhere does it say "You can only make files for \Maps for content release, because this is only what RoS admins are allowed access to."

Keep coughing. You sound like you're just looking for something to argue about, rather than actually wanting to help me.

EDIT: As it turns out, you're completely wrong. Just confirmed with a MultiPlay admin who can't get SteelMill to run either, because you NEED access to \Textures, and it is NOT client-side only! You just wasted your time just as much as mine with your useless trolling.
Dj-iceman
Developer
Developer

Postby Dj-iceman » 08.07.2011, 15:10

In all fairness, I do believe the cubemaps are generated automatically in the Textures folder. I'm not sure though. Still, stuff like the map preview image and minimap must manually be put into the Textures folder in order for those features to work and, of course, for the map to be compatible across different computers.
neilthecellist
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby neilthecellist » 08.07.2011, 16:30

Dj-iceman wrote:In all fairness, I do believe the cubemaps are generated automatically in the Textures folder. I'm not sure though. Still, stuff like the map preview image and minimap must manually be put into the Textures folder in order for those features to work and, of course, for the map to be compatible across different computers.

Almost exactly what the MultiPlay admins have told me, and what the NFOServers.com President said in our mutual correspondence!
Steampunk
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby Steampunk » 08.07.2011, 16:54

neilthecellist wrote:EDIT: As it turns out, you're completely wrong. Just confirmed with a MultiPlay admin who can't get SteelMill to run either, because you NEED access to \Textures, and it is NOT client-side only! You just wasted your time just as much as mine with your useless trolling.

Good obviously the admin and whatever president knows more about level creation and content paking then me. so I don't have to waste more of our. +1

but lemme try and help that other guy really quick that at least somewhat gave a hint to what went wrong, other then just blaming crytek for not doing their job, as my point still stays valid.

Dj-iceman wrote:In all fairness, I do believe the cubemaps are generated automatically in the Textures folder. I'm not sure though. Still, stuff like the map preview image and minimap must manually be put into the Textures folder in order for those features to work and, of course, for the map to be compatible across different computers.

This is all pregenerated stuff and you do this when you setup the level and indeed the pregenerated files do link to the base games gamecrysis2\texture folder by default. So in case you don't copy the stuff and move it into a own "texture" folder inside your \mod\gamecrysis2 base folder after generation, the clients of course get the message that the files can't be found in the clients C2 original gamecrysis2\texture.pak since this is not part of a mod release, to touch the original content. Otherwise by moding the original texture.pak someone could just start cheating by changing the transparency of assets, or make players glow like rainbow for better spoting. Thats why a mod has to include its own texture.pak as well for stuff like this and not just a level.pak. I don't say that its "elegant" that crytek didn't think about that stuff for their S3 but it can be fixed and they gave creators the option to do so, thats all that matters.

All it needs someone to do is to replace the automatically generated links that do refer to the original gamecrysis2\texture folder with those in the \mod\gamecrysis2\texture folder. Which is pretty straight forward for the cubemaps. For the minimap and preview image you also might have to change the mod.xml, in case you just copied the one from the c1/w version. You don't even have to generate new images for that, you just gotta make sure that all the links in the mod.xml refer to the right texture folder in the end. And this is expected to be part of your \mod\gamecrysis2\texture.pak and not the original gamecrysis2\texture.pak.

Edit: Fixed the folder refers to be a lil less confusing.

A sidenote in general. The idea behind the supply of a mod is to put everything inside of the mod paks that isn't part of the official crysis2 release. So in case you change just a single material by replacing the texture with a own one, you need to make sure that you do supply it with your very own mods texture.pak when you release your mod. It doesn't really matter whether it is a texture changed on the material level, if a pregenerated cubemap texture for a C1 environment Probe needs to be used or a complex change like shader or script changes are introduced by your mod, it needs to be supplied with your mod release. If it wasn't part of the original C2 release make sure you supply it with your mods *.paks.
Last edited by Steampunk on 09.07.2011, 11:23, edited 2 times in total.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community