Use this section to show off your CE2 levels

Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Poseidon_Conflict IA/PSmap idea

Postby Bladestar » 01.07.2010, 21:28

hi guys

here's my new idea..very early days
it started out as an IA map but may end up as a PS map after ideas from psyptoix about converting energy sites and bases :)

it revolves around control for 8 gates that give access to and from the base
the gates are elevator entities (working and move up and down) controled from 4 control rooms and there are quite a few entry points to the control rooms to ensure no side can dominate
the control rooms also have lift to the roof and nuking will probably happen from there if it stays as a PS map

the mid areas are very work in progress as I am still trying to build the ideas i had..
got the viz area and portals working and have put in fog volumes to get the dusty atmosphere in the tunnels and gate areas

i have only just started it so detail is really low at this point so decals and terrain and everything is really low
let me know what u think of the idea and as always your suggestions would be cool... :)
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 04.07.2010, 13:45

looks nice, the detailed version will certainly be impressive!

This is reminding me of an idea I had, to build a largish single-building complex, and have powerstruggle where you capture rooms instead of buildings. Eg- generator rooms: must activate generators, reactor room: the prototype facility, and side rooms with fire-exits as bunkers, to simulate reinforcements entering the building through fire-escape windows.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 04.07.2010, 23:41

thanks psyphtoix

heres an update after this weekends work..starting to take shape :)

i made the gate opening/control rooms the energy sites as well..so there are 4
they can block the tac tank which comes out of the sunken proto by an elevator...still working on this area but finally got my animated textures to work so I got my headquarter fountain wall in ..yay!

had to sink the proto low to improve fps...still working on a way to get this up some more..the tunnels bleed a lot of detail on both sides..even in a viz area

i changed a lot of the internal courtyard layout so still need to do heaps there and got my airfactories in on the top level

the layout is nearly done and then i can start on the detail..although i did add some detail to the gate/tunnel areas and they have mounted shyttens

look forward to your feedback :)
Flamers
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby Flamers » 05.07.2010, 11:49

is it just me or do i get the de_train feel?

Flamers
----I need to find a new signature----
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 07.07.2010, 00:20

Originally posted by Flamers
is it just me or do i get the de_train feel?

Flamers

thanks for the feedback and yep those assets are from the underground base library so could be...i just added to them, gave them rooms and passages ;)
their textures may have to change coz i'm not sure if they go with the proto feel...will see how it goes

the gates on the tunnels are critical to the map game play as they are the only way the TAC tank can get to the bases if they are open...so pretty strategic

heres a small update..on the sunken proto area
detail still low but the layout is coming :)

1. top of the fountain wall
2. view of the top of the elevator where u split to go to the either the left or right tunnel entrance
3 the split structure with animated textures
4. looking down from the top of the elevator platform on the proto
5. straight view on the split structure

if anyone knows how to increase terrain view ratio's that would be cool..some of my terrain textures lose detail in the distance, would be nice to bump it up a bit

look forward to your feedback
Flamers
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby Flamers » 07.07.2010, 00:52

There is an option in the terrain bit in the wars editor

I am really feeling CS: S maps in there :P it's a good thing :)

Flamers
----I need to find a new signature----
Talvipakkanen
Executive Producer
Executive Producer

Postby Talvipakkanen » 07.07.2010, 04:56

if anyone knows how to increase terrain view ratio's that would be cool..some of my terrain textures lose detail in the distance, would be nice to bump it up a bit

'Terrain'-tab in RollupBar and there 'Environment' and 'DetailLayersViewDistRatio'-parameter. Increasing it should do the trick.
Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 07.07.2010, 10:06

Originally posted by Talvipakkanen

'Terrain'-tab in RollupBar and there 'Environment' and 'DetailLayersViewDistRatio'-parameter. Increasing it should do the trick.

Thanks Talvipakkanen and Flamers..will try it tonight :)

Here's 2 night time shots
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 07.07.2010, 11:12

I've found it best to set the detail view layer distance in low spec, as that will be the shortest distance for that global setting (unless you don't mind low spec users to miss out on distance terrain).

Then set the viewdistancelowspec to just enough so that you are happy with how much distance terrain you can see. Then set viewdistance to be the same or not much higher. This way in very high spec, the detail layers view distance will be much higher than necessary, but the short viewdistance will stop any drawing of detail layers beyond that. This is just because a higher detail layers view may add 200-400 or more DP in higher spec which could be enough to make or break the map (so to speak).

At a guess I'd say 100m detaillayersviewdistance in lowspec is something like 500-1000m in vhigh spec, which is usually overkill and DP suffers.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 09.07.2010, 00:30

Thanks psyphtoix

tiny update..re-working the energy sites..heres my transformer :)
still very work in progress
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 11.07.2010, 00:17

ok..think the new energy site (1 big one) and the transformers are starting to take shape :)

the animated textures look pretty cool on the transformer and signs

got viz areas and fog volumes and the mesh roof creates a nice shadow effect...
FPS inside and outside is looking good to

i was thinking of an underwater tunnel in a conc pipe from outside to inside the cooling tank of the transformer..but it keeps loosing its water property and u drop instead of swimmimg..wierd ?(

anyway..just need to add a few more brushes inside the building and finish the decals on the outside..

look forward to your feedback

sorry about the edit bump but i wanted to add this short video clip..horrible pixelation but its done with FRaps :(

[youtube]YNmvCM7-c38[/youtube]
Last edited by Bladestar on 11.07.2010, 00:47, edited 3 times in total.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

turbine animation

Postby Bladestar » 13.07.2010, 22:31

small update

[youtube]nLUwOwNBKGo[/youtube]

or watch it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLUwOwNBKGo
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 14.07.2010, 08:22

looks great cept the turbine looks like its going inside out at one point? could just be the video...

The custom factories look awesome. Maybe up in the roof there could be further catwalks/scaffolding, that would add a great dimension!! Perhaps where only some of the roof grates are, instead:- walkways networking roof platforms to the rest of the map.

A third level of platforms in that last pic would look great, whether or not it extends further than that building is up to the map I spose.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 14.07.2010, 10:07

Thanks psyptoix

will check on the inside out thing...well spotted :)

i like the walkway idea...the 2 building are connected by walkways but having another walkway level in the energy site building would be cool...thanks for the idea!
Chrjs
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby Chrjs » 14.07.2010, 10:49

I like the rusty industrial feeling of your map. It pleasant reminds me a little bit of Starship Troopers. With lots more decals, details on the walls like pipes and the night tod you showed a few pictures before, it could be an attractive map. Sorry, but I don't understand something about designing multiplayermaps, so my only viewpoint are the visuals. :P

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community