Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Poseidon_Conflict IA/PSmap idea

Use this section to show off your CE2 levels

Jonzki1
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Postby Jonzki1 » 24.07.2010, 17:55

Looking pretty damn good there, keep it up :) BTW, did you get that energy site capture thing working? ;)
If there's an exception to every rule, there must be an exception to the rule that there's an exception to every rule. How about that?
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 25.07.2010, 21:11

Originally posted by Jonzki1
Looking pretty damn good there, keep it up :) BTW, did you get that energy site capture thing working? ;)

thanks Jonski1 :)

its been like a total rebuild so its taken ages as the look changed drastically lol
i'm still sorting out the animations and layouts in the building...then onto the energy site caapture idea

heres a few pics
theres a few vids in the FG section where Sam and others have helped a lot with the FG animations
look forward to your ideas and feeddback :)
Zippy24
Producer
Producer

Postby Zippy24 » 26.07.2010, 00:46

No problem. ;)

Epic work with the map. I really like the control room.
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 27.07.2010, 14:05

Connecting 2 capture area's to an energy site works, I've tested it.

This could even be used as motion indicators, tho the ingame voice will still say energy site under attack. But you could, say, set the capture requirement to 2, or even 12, people, depending on whether or not you even want it to be captureable.
The idea being, that when someone sets foot in one of however many capture areas you assign, you are alerted of their presence. You could even do something like this with a bunker or factory, as if you set the capture requirement high enough, say bigger than any team size, then the area's will never be captureable, but any presence in those area's is always alerted to.

Whether this is useful for the application, I'm not sure, but it's an interesting way to alter gameplay a little without resorting to server side mods.

*Edit. Control room does look great, but I really like that big steam-press thingo, looks very convincing! And I love the logo for the complex, you worked that in great, love the acronym! :)
Last edited by psyphtoix on 27.07.2010, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 27.07.2010, 14:52

Thanks psyphtoix :)

very interesting on the capture areas..when i get that far i will re-read your discoveries..could be very useful :cheesy:

regards the logo...my friend did the pic for me... i copied the material from the Proto sign and swopped out the diffuse ;)

the new map name is going to Poseidon_Conflict ..thanks to your ideas dude!

so far on the top level..the steam press thing animation FG's are neaerly done (got a fix today from wootwoots on the scale down node - thanks wootwoots!) - this machine produces the reactor core rod blanks
from there it drops down through a gate to a conveyor that moves the blanks accross the building - built the FG animation last night
from there the core rod blanks get taken to the machine that makes them radioactive (still working on it)
the energy for this comes from the 2 energy sites and the monster tranformer/turbine generators (animations done)
from there it enters the control room - fg animation done

these provide power to the proto facility below ground level and to the bases and surrounding buildings
the used blanks drop through the floor and will be animated to drop onto a pile of them underwater (still to be done)

tons of work still to do and the FG work is extremely slow coz i'm that useless and adjust them a million times to get them right lol

am thinking of getting the surrounding buildings started tonight..need a break from FG's and detail work

will try and post some screenies when i have enough of an area built
thanks for all your ideas and feedback..helps a huge amount!

edit:
here's a rough version of a miami look...
?(
Last edited by Bladestar on 28.07.2010, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 28.07.2010, 05:47

Wow man, lookin just a little bit GREAT!!

Kinda makes me wanna work in one of those buildings, what with surrounds like that and all.
Very very nice.
Zippy24
Producer
Producer

Postby Zippy24 » 28.07.2010, 06:06

It does kind of look like miami, looks awesome.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 28.07.2010, 13:13

Thanks Psyptoix, Zippy :))

I found some good ref pics on the net for some miami buildings (like these attached0 I can make fairly cheaply.. need about 7 more to fill in the blanks around the proto
trying to minimise detail so the play in focused in the energy building and yet make it seem real...

at the back of the proto, it becomes an industrialised zone, have got the vehicle factory and some of the cryis building brushes placed, will change to dirt roads and stuff..hopefully make the contrast work
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 28.07.2010, 22:57

Ive just been testing energy sites with multiple capture area's.
If the capture requirement (number players needed in capture area) is more than 1, the capture warning will not sound from 1 intruder (or any less than the capture requirement).
Interesting tho is placing a buy area from the prototype elsewhere. If you hold the proto and energy requirements, you could buy a nuke from another strategic point in the map, or even only from that other strategic point.

Sample scenario: Enemy has proto, we must stop him. Failed to stop him, little time left before he can purchase nuke, rush to nuke purchase area, prevent from purchasing nuke.

Could you make a flowgraph so whoever holds the proto, the opposite team holds a spawn point. If proto ownership changes, spawnpoint ownership changes to opposite team?? Such a simple setting could really be used to mix up basic powerstruggle mechanics.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 29.07.2010, 08:11

hey psyphtoix

thants very interesting..nice work dude!
uhmm..i am really useless at FG's and rely on the guys in the FG part of the forum and people like cry-sam, wootwoots and Jonzki1 to solve my basic problems ... writing an FG for a prot area capture is wayyyyyyyyy beyond my skills
i think the problem also comes in that the multiplayer entities/prefabs don't have any nodes to get hold of to add to...Jonzki was kinda looking at this for the energy sites, not sure if he got anywhere with it

maybe we could post a request in the FG section on this and see what the clever dudes there can do ?(
because it would be awesome to mix up the multiplayer gamestyle without having to run server side mods and your idea is really awesome!

small update on the building
still need to get the glass texture right but the basic building layout is done on all 4 sides with a drive thru basement
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 29.07.2010, 17:30

The best I can come up with is my strategic bunker idea.
The proto buy area is located within another bunker, so the enemy can pre-emptively capture that bunker and prevent you access. All you need is to have the proto captured and step foot inside that bunker to buy a nuke.

For non-standard bunkers this could be especially interesting if you place the spawn points just away from the nuke purchase zone, meaning as long as people are spawning there the enemy is surrounded when trying to purchase a nuke, focusing the firefight at that area when nuke's are available and allowing people to drop right in to the action.

You could also place a spawngroup capture area (and corresponding spawn points) in the proto area. Have the capture area set to equal or less than capturing the proto, then anyone who successfully captures the proto (or occupies it for set time) can spawn in the proto, or around that area.
Further focusing the firefight by allowing people to drop in to where the action is for that critical point.

Furthermore, you could assign all spawn bunkers in the map to be permanent non-capturable, or just team assigned at the beginning of the game. Meaning right from get go, people can spawn within the main area's, or permanent spawn points tactically placed by the level designer.

You could even have a capture point, with the spawn point located beyond that capture point say, over an impassable barrier. Thus the only way to get to a seperated section of the map is to capture a point and have someone spawn there.

You could have a glass barrier, so you can see what is going on in the other side, but not be able to get there unless you die and respawn there.

I have determined all this is possible with no server side modding necessary. It's all up to where you place buy zones, double capture areas, overlapped capture areas, overlapped buy zones, etc etc.

Hope I have explained well those idea's.

The only drawback is the game's voiceover system for announcing capture points, they will always be generic, and it will be up to the players to understand what they need to do in the map, as I can only hazard guesses as to how to indicate objectives in game. However placing images of key locations in the loading screen, and explaining the map objectives in the loading screen descriptions, you can provide the mission details rather straight-forward and effectively.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 29.07.2010, 23:07

wow psyphtoix..very interesting and useful..i need a way to keep or ensure everyone keeps heading to the main building so this could be extremely useful...nice 1 dude!

when i get that far i will shout for help if thats ok?

on the map side..i played with info from the reflective floor post in multiplayer section
some really clever peops came up with cube maps and world reflections..
cant remember names but was to do with the cry-terminator mod
i tried it out on my glass and i think its getting there ?(
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 30.07.2010, 23:05

small update..have started getting the bases in position and getting the transition to dirt roads going
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 31.07.2010, 17:20

small update on today's work so far...
added the canal that spilts the 2 bases and is the main source of water for the underwater proto
also has some tunnel entrances to get to the proto and the underwater gate control rooms..

also been tidying up the road detail and palnts around the proto..

anything i should change or add so far that doesnt gel?

Edit:

Here's the start of the power transfer control room
bit dark for fraps too work but gives u an idea of what it will look like with the "avatar" style monitors :cheesy:

[youtube]xlgttweyWFs[/youtube]

or see it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlgttweyWFs

hope u like
Last edited by Bladestar on 31.07.2010, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 01.08.2010, 14:49

made a few changes to the power transfer room
finally figures out and got glowing buttons to work :cheesy:
i think its better..may change the light to orange..not sure

[youtube]DpGeqzItY20[/youtube]

or see it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGeqzItY20

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community