Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

can go thru objects

Topics about 3DS Max, Softimage, Maya, Photoshop, and various other software packages.

luboa
Just getting started
Just getting started

can go thru objects

Postby luboa » 22.04.2012, 19:45

Hi i imported model from 3dmax and i can see it i can put texture on it but when in game i can go thru the object. weird is that few of my first buildings i cannot go thru even if it have the same texture i can shoot at it and the building a meter next to it i can go thru :cheesy: .i read something about textures and collision but can somebody help me to understand what happend there and what can i do?
Ruan
Has seen it all
Has seen it all

Re: can go thru objects

Postby Ruan » 22.04.2012, 21:57

Sounds like you need a physics proxy: http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC3/Physics+Proxy
Out now! CryENGINE Game Programming with C++, C#, and Lua
Ex-Crytek, now with Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
luboa
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby luboa » 23.04.2012, 23:28

Thanx i will study this but im very interested in what i did i think it has something to do with textures cos when i started putting my objects in my map i remember i put there two buildings both was put together from moore pieces and beacuse they were dark i put some reflecting texture and than these two buildings was solid(meaning i cannot go thru).i think i played little with textures till i found some which was not invisible.And after few days i did export moore buidings and they are all not solid i mean i can go thru them.i understand that i need to create collision proxy but is possible put there some special texture?like asign to my object in sandbox some new texture with some subtextures?also i need to tell that these two first buildings stand on sandbox ground and solid and these other buildings stand only on solid? :)
Olli.
Executive Producer
Executive Producer

Postby Olli. » 25.04.2012, 13:41

textures dont have anything to do with player collision.
http://www.TriangulateMesh.com
(10:36:53 PM) puppy: crymono?
(10:37:00 PM) puppy: is that some sort of illness

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community