Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

particle helper faded and cant select

If you have problems with the Sandbox editor or other provided tools, let us know here.

vice
Just getting started
Just getting started

particle helper faded and cant select

Postby vice » 02.06.2008, 16:14

hi, forgive me if this a noob question but i have somehow managed to get a particle stream to get stuck. the helper is faded and i cannot select it to move or delete it. im not entirely sure how i managed to do this. its as if its locked or hidden.
vice
Just getting started
Just getting started

RE: particle helper faded and cant select

Postby vice » 02.06.2008, 16:26

wow that was fast, it does not show up any cubes in the objects when i hold space, it does on all the other objects in my map but not for the (now 2 objects) particle stream and the brush (cliff rock). i also cant see it in the select by name dialog. its as if its buggin out. i think it may be a hotkey im hitting accidentally during the creation of the object
vice
Just getting started
Just getting started

RE: particle helper faded and cant select

Postby vice » 02.06.2008, 16:37

awesome, thanks man. i figured it out. i must have hit the hotkey for freeze. i was able to fix it by simply clicking the "UF" button on the top toolbar (blue icon with orange UF on it). i would assume this stands for unfreeze as its next to a button labelled "F".......... for freeze.

thanks for your rapid response busdriver, i hope this thread will save somebody their monitor in the future because i know i almost put my fist thru mine over this.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community