Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Need Freeze Frame Like the Matrix

Topics on creating any sort of animation or cinematic using Sandbox 2 should be posted inside this forum.

kakubot
Developer
Developer

Need Freeze Frame Like the Matrix

Postby kakubot » 15.02.2012, 22:32

Greetings All,

I am creating animations in the sandbox 2 and I'm wondering is it possible to freeze a particles system I.E "explosion" so that I can pan the camera around the frozen explosion similar to the matrix movie? I have had situation where particles have frozen in a level do to generating surface textures. This was an unintended occurrence, but very kool looking.

Ultimately I want to capture a vehicle wreak, freeze it and pan around it, then restart it. So is this possible? or ...Is there a way to freeze the game while AI/Physic are engaged?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
KAKUBOT
In this world that you have entered, Things are rarely as they seem.

http://www.kirknowak.com
Vodkacannon
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Re: Need Freeze Frame Like the Matrix

Postby Vodkacannon » 29.06.2012, 02:21

I'm sorry to say that this is not possible without knowing c++/lua code. You can freeze the game with the time_scale 0 c-var but that also freezes the camera. How you would go about doing this is beyond me. One way you could rig it is have the time scale set to 0.1 or smaller and still have the camera fly around very fast. Note that the explosion will happen and not be totaly frozen.
epiphany
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby epiphany » 03.07.2012, 09:55

the Matrix had a ring of cameras all going at once. Try the same thing create a ring of cameras, time scale 0, switch active cameras
kakubot
Developer
Developer

Postby kakubot » 04.07.2012, 19:36

Hey thanks for the post. I will try these ideas and report back.

THX
KAKUBOT

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community