Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

fraps recording

Topics on creating any sort of animation or cinematic using Sandbox 2 should be posted inside this forum.

dannyday58218195
Just getting started
Just getting started

fraps recording

Postby dannyday58218195 » 17.12.2010, 07:43

hi guys can anyone help

i used to use fraps alot in crysis and managed to render frames perfectly at 60fps mass physics style.

completley forgotten how and now i cant get it rendering mass phyiscs smoothly at all.

ive done -

con_restricted 0
fixed_time_step 0.033333
sys_physics_cpu 0

when i play the mass physics everything is all laggy as id expect - when i play the video recorded by fraps i get the exact same - not a nice smooth render - wtf. i can not understand one thing im doing wrong. this is so frustrating as i used to render all the time and now i cant do it at all

before mass physics gameplay in sandbox was ridiculously laggy, and the final recorded fraps video was recorded without sound, but at a perfect 60 or 30fps. now i get a video from fraps recording exactly what i see - lag, and nothing else...

looked all over the net and everyone apart from me in the world seems to be able to do it!

:mad:
Elliot Lucak
Producer
Producer

Postby Elliot Lucak » 17.12.2010, 09:09

Don't use fraps, it's not a offline renderer, it's the worst thing you can use for [Anything] this type of recording.

Use capture_frames.
dannyday58218195
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby dannyday58218195 » 17.12.2010, 09:13

whys is the worst thing? it was the best thing... when i could get it working!

ive seen that capture frames thing - but seems needlessly a lot more work combining pics into videos when you can just record straight to video...

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community