Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

James Bond: Quantum of Solace machinima remake

Looking for a developer to join your mod, or want a place to advertise your skills? Look no further!

rhys_mcg
Just getting started
Just getting started

James Bond: Quantum of Solace machinima remake

Postby rhys_mcg » 07.09.2011, 10:57

Hey Crysis modders! I've always wanted to remake the intro scene from the new(ish) james bond Quantum of Solace using a game engine. Previously i've tried to use the Battlefield 2 Engine, but since I'm getting into the modding scene for Crysis, i'm thinking it would be best to use this engine for it. Incase any of you haven't seen the intro scene (probably the only good scene in the movie) here's the link...

I've found the film location is at Lake Garda, Italy and gotten some SRTM heightmaps for it so the overall shape of the mountain is decent. I attempted to map it but i'm very new at all this so it looks quite bad tph and so I'm searching for some experienced mappers. I want the tunnels to look similar to the one at the end of "village" level. As for cars, i've converted them into the battlefield 2 engine from the "Aironracing" website so it shouldn't be too much of a learning curve to get them into Crysis. Anyone keen?
rhys_mcg
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: James Bond: Quantum of Solace machinima remake

Postby rhys_mcg » 08.09.2011, 01:49

You've posted lots of links to help me, thank you so much! I hope I can learn the mysterious ways of the CryEngine :). But one question, will this work for Crysis1 or do they use a different system?

Danke!
Hamers
Developer
Developer

Postby Hamers » 08.09.2011, 03:08

Bitte :D

For CE2, just take these links, they will work for sure:

wiki/index.php/AssetCreation_VehicleSetup
wiki/index.php/AssetCreation_CarSetup
wiki/index.php/AssetCreation_TankSetup
wiki/index.php/AssetCreation_HeliSetup

wiki/index.php/Exporting_a_vehicle_from_3DMax_to_Crysis_%28Video_Tutorial%29 (video tutorial for CE2)

The links for the mapping thing stay the same, because the video tutorials over there are based on the CE2, so they work 100% ;)
rhys_mcg
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby rhys_mcg » 09.09.2011, 09:02

That tutorial is incredibly helpful! Haha, i'm learning even more stuff about mapping from google earth, except i'm using google earth cache manager to extract the textures :evil:

Danke schön!

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community