Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

VENERANCE Announced - Halo Mod

Use this section to show off your CE3 modifications

AngelicLionheart
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Re: VENERANCE Announced - Halo Mod

Postby AngelicLionheart » 27.04.2012, 06:27

stealthypaper wrote:I'm really looking forward to this if its not dead please don't be dead.

We're about as dead as a tin o' popcorn over an open fire. (Which is to say, not very dead at all). :)
Last edited by AngelicLionheart on 27.04.2012, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
AngelicLionheart
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby AngelicLionheart » 27.04.2012, 06:31

USSR_GRAND wrote:
stealthypaper wrote:I'm really looking forward to this if its not dead please don't be dead.

:meh: :whistle:

Very clever. Except for the part where it's the opposite of true. :P www.Venerance.net
USSR_GRAND
Producer
Producer

Postby USSR_GRAND » 27.04.2012, 06:47

:happy: Haha, that was my reverse-psychology meant to encourage you to post an update...hehe

btw, I love your website! I see you have your own community? This website is very professional looking... It seems weird to say but Its the best looking website ive ever seen. I wish CryDEV looked just like this... its very neat and organized. I hope I dont sound foolish
AngelicLionheart
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby AngelicLionheart » 27.04.2012, 08:46

USSR_GRAND wrote::happy: Haha, that was my reverse-psychology meant to encourage you to post an update...hehe

btw, I love your website! I see you have your own community? This website is very professional looking... It seems weird to say but Its the best looking website ive ever seen. I wish CryDEV looked just like this... its very neat and organized. I hope I dont sound foolish

Ah-ha! I see. Well, I fell for it. :P I am used to anticipating the cynicism that everyone seems to share due to the ratio of mods started to mods actually released. Sadly, that negative outlook can negatively impact the mods that will make it. So yeah, I'm used to identifying cynicism and jumping in to assure that it's unwarranted.

In regards to the website, thanks! Jay and I worked together on the layout for that. Mostly him, some me. The forum software is amazing, it's the best I've ever used, and that is said without bias, that's why we chose that software over the others.

We're just getting started but yeah, it's free and super-quick to create an account so that you can join in the fray so we'd love to see another fellow CryDev'er there. :)
AsianNoodles
Developer
Developer

Postby AsianNoodles » 27.04.2012, 11:30

USSR_GRAND wrote::happy: Haha, that was my reverse-psychology meant to encourage you to post an update...hehe

I do have to say, I totally agree, the front page is VERY professional looking.
stealthypaper
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby stealthypaper » 27.04.2012, 23:55

AngelicLionheart wrote:
USSR_GRAND wrote:

:meh: :whistle:

Very clever. Except for the part where it's the opposite of true. :P http://www.Venerance.net

bahaha nice picture lol. I wasn't sure at first because i had the comments in ascending order so i was like oh snap but its great to here its like popcorn over fire. Now i just have to check out your website :]
Japith
Developer
Developer

Postby Japith » 07.05.2012, 00:58

Hello, I would like to assist your project. I can offer my 3d art experience in map making.
I am working on a mod of my own, called "HaloMaps!" Its a Crysis mod and currently I have no official thread or website besides the videos on my YouTube account.
Below is my WIP Level its based on the forerunner shield world in Halo 4, as you can see I have a Halo 3ish design style. I have played halo since it came out and my fav halo was Halo 2.
Please consider me for a 3D CONCEPT DESIGNER in your mod. : )

http://www.thescienceforum.com/
Feel free to PM me.
Computer:
ASUS G73 JH Gaming laptop
Overhead 23inch HD monitor
Since 2011.
stealthypaper
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby stealthypaper » 07.05.2012, 07:37

Japith wrote:Hello, I would like to assist your project. I can offer my 3d art experience in map making.
I am working on a mod of my own, called "HaloMaps!" Its a Crysis mod and currently I have no official thread or website besides the videos on my YouTube account.
Below is my WIP Level its based on the forerunner shield world in Halo 4, as you can see I have a Halo 3ish design style. I have played halo since it came out and my fav halo was Halo 2.

I love this lol
stealthypaper
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby stealthypaper » 07.05.2012, 07:40

stealthypaper wrote:
Japith wrote:Hello, I would like to assist your project. I can offer my 3d art experience in map making.

I love this lol
the texture you put on the forerunner structure really makes it feal like halo 2
AngelicLionheart
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby AngelicLionheart » 10.05.2012, 17:39

Hey! Sorry about the delay in replying... I'm really not sure WHY I don't get notifications about replies to this thread, I have it set to do so.... that's very annoying, actually, that it doesn't notify me when there are new replies.

Sure! Go ahead and shoot me an email at AngelicLionheart(at)gmail(dot)com with an introduction of yourself and what you are able to currently do. Venerance is a place for all of us to learn and get better as we go along. :) As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Just as a heads-up, we're not using any assets from the games, whether they be textures, models, or whatever, in what we release. What we're going to be releasing will be far, far more detailed than what current- and past-generation consoles could run. :)
AsianNoodles
Developer
Developer

Postby AsianNoodles » 03.06.2012, 04:36

stealthypaper wrote:
stealthypaper wrote:

I love this lol
the texture you put on the forerunner structure really makes it feal like halo 2

That looks like that part in Halo 2 where after you go on that platform to that building and there is like that place with the fuel rod up top. I don't remember it specifically.
scope11
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby scope11 » 23.12.2012, 07:49

AngelicLionheart wrote:@Magnum: Thank ya! Dark and gritty, eh, maybe not so much. Think more of a mix between the Crysis 1 approach to realism in the jungle, and Halo's iconic style. Now, augment it further with a more detailed take on the way things work in the military (for example: in Halo 1/2 etc you do not see a SPARTAN with a magazine for his weapon anywhere on his body, he just pulls it out of thin air whenever he reloads) and you're on the right track. Can't wait to show you more! Keep an eye out on Valentine's Day!

Can't wait, im a huge halo fan, thank you for making this game, i've always wanted halo on PC.
As far as art goes, i think you should go for photorealism and halo style models and special effects.
annihilatorVS1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby annihilatorVS1 » 31.03.2013, 00:22

Hi, i'm only a very basic member of crydev, but a halo remake on Pc, or something like this has been a dream of mine for a long time, and I would be happy to assist you in basic model making. I use Google sketch-up of current for modeling, but from what I can tell you can then port that into 3DS max, and from there into CE3.
(\___/)
(=*_*=)
(!!!)(!!!)
( )
(!!!)(!!!)
!
!
AsianNoodles
Developer
Developer

Postby AsianNoodles » 05.04.2013, 18:24

poodle_safari
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby poodle_safari » 11.07.2014, 12:48

PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS. I'm very exited to see/play the final product, very interested in the story.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community