Basic tutorial for creating a destroyable object in CryBlend 2.0.2-3
A simple destroyable object is created in this tutorial. Object is usable as a destroyable entity in CE3.
- Ability to create a simple model with physics and export it to CE3.
--Creating unbroken object
Creating broken objects
- Create new mesh and set a physicalised material for it.
- Set item's name to "main".
- If needed, adjust pivot, scale and rotation.
- Apply location, scale and rotation via "Object/Apply"-menu (Ctrl-A).
- Add used defined property (UDP) "mass=value" from CryBlend-menu "AddCustomProperties/Add JOINTED (pre-broken) BREAKABLES Properties" and set it to suitable value. It's recommendable that this value is equal to sum of masses of items in broken (dead) state created in next chapter.
- Duplicate unbroken item with Shift-D and name it "remain".
- Subdivide or otherwise split the item to suitable pieces resembling broken object.
- Separate pieces without moving them. After separation an empty item "remain" may exists and must be deleted.
- Add missing faces to separated items.
- Rename separated items as "remain_01", "remain_02", ...
- For each item, add used defined properties "entity" and "mass=value" from CryBlend-menu. Total mass of items should be equal to the mass of unbroken (alive) object created in first chapter.
- Select all items, add CryExportNode and export as usual.
Unbroken object with a duplicate for creating broken objects.
Unbroken item with duplicate for broken pieces.
Setup of broken objects.
Destroyable object setup in Sandbox. "Mass" can be set to the value given for unbroken object. Editor may need to be restarted for destroyable object to appear on level.
Blender source for breakable object here
Please send me a PM about any suggestions for improvements