Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

AI Defend position

Seeking artificial intelligence? Waypoint queries? Post it here!

Dynamite1000
Just getting started
Just getting started

AI Defend position

Postby Dynamite1000 » 15.10.2011, 17:06

Hi, Im trying to get AI to defend some houses. What tends to happen at the moment is they are alerted and move closer to where the player is. I want them to stay by a number of buildings.

I thought I could use an ai_anchor. It has an option combat_protecy_this_point. I also made sure the group.id was set the same. Even so, the grunt I tested with just ran away from me instead of defending the anchor?

So, if anyone knows of a way to make an ai defend a position id love to know how! I dont want to surround these areas with forbidden areas as other ai need free movement.

Cheers!
ka40
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: AI Defend position

Postby ka40 » 21.10.2011, 02:38

well, the only way to strict the AI from getting out of the building is with a forbidden area around the house with a AINavigationModifier without an enter/exit aipoint.

Like this:

don't worry with the other AI unless you want them to enter the house or something else.

Good luck!
ShadowKnight155
Developer
Developer

Re: AI Defend position

Postby ShadowKnight155 » 29.12.2011, 20:32

You can also surround the area with an AI Shape and set the anchor(in the properties panel) to combat territory or I think there's a protect this area anchor. The combat territory one will stop for the most part people straying out of the shape, and then you can set up a flowgraph that runs like this:

misc:start(or add a trigger of any other kind) --> then add an AI:Execute node and set the action to protect this point. Add another node called Entity:EntityID, connect that to the object ID port on the execute node. Then assign a grunt to the AI:Execute node and add a tagpoint(under ai>>tagpoint in the properties) put that at the center of the defence point, and asign that to the entity id node. I attached a pic to show, cuz this explanation was prob a little confusing. :)

Lemme know if you need more help with the flowgraph. This should work. Good luck!
Attachments
flowgraph.png

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community