Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

How to Edit/Create Character in Cryengine 3

Gameplay Setup, SP/MP Logic, Audio Setup, AI Logic, Entity Usage, etc.

Rifaldi
Just getting started
Just getting started

How to Edit/Create Character in Cryengine 3

Postby Rifaldi » 25.12.2011, 10:35

I need More Character for AI ?! I am Using Character Editor I do Not Understand ?! Please :D :puppy:
jok3r001
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: How to Edit/Create Character in Cryengine 3

Postby jok3r001 » 25.12.2011, 16:08

Yeah I could also use a little help with this, I have no idea how to get my own characters into the level as AI and stuff. Thanks :)
Rifaldi
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Rifaldi » 26.12.2011, 16:43

Me Too !? :cheesy:
Mika
Honourable Member
Honourable Member

Postby Mika » 04.01.2012, 22:33

If you drag an AI into your level, for example a Civilian or a Grunt, you can change the character model that he is using. This is the simplest way of getting your characters ingame as AI.
Simply select the newly added AI character, look on the right side in the entity properties and find the entry "model". The is even a file open button next to it - point it to your own cdf file and it will be used instead of the default SDK character.
Rifaldi
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Rifaldi » 06.01.2012, 14:19

Cry-Mika wrote:If you drag an AI into your level, for example a Civilian or a Grunt, you can change the character model that he is using. This is the simplest way of getting your characters ingame as AI.
Simply select the newly added AI character, look on the right side in the entity properties and find the entry "model". The is even a file open button next to it - point it to your own cdf file and it will be used instead of the default SDK character.

Thanks Cry-Mika ! Now I Modified AI to Ultimate Soldier

Sorry for Bad English !

Thx ! :xmas: :))
Rinz
Developer
Developer

Postby Rinz » 24.06.2012, 12:44

Cry-Mika wrote:If you drag an AI into your level, for example a Civilian or a Grunt, you can change the character model that he is using. This is the simplest way of getting your characters ingame as AI.

that would work for human AI models, but how about animals or other custom models?
And what about a couple of different animals?
If I put in the grunt entity it will always use the grunt scripts, while different animals models will need different scripts as far as I understood.
any advice on that?
nsk
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby nsk » 26.06.2012, 20:02

Hi!
I am just an amateur, but you have edit script there and it opens .lua file.
I suggest that you just copy paste it and tell the model to use that script.
Then make modifications.
I am not sure if this is, how is this done but I think that this is the easy way.
XtremeGhost
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Postby XtremeGhost » 13.07.2012, 21:41

Rinz wrote:

that would work for human AI models, but how about animals or other custom models?
And what about a couple of different animals?
If I put in the grunt entity it will always use the grunt scripts, while different animals models will need different scripts as far as I understood.
any advice on that?

it is a big pain trying to use custom characters such as animals or other ones with own animation graph! I am messing with this for more than one month and cannot get it working. I have used the grunt.lua file as a base and added an entry for animation graph with the related path, but I am always getting this error:

[Warning] [Lua Error] scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua:2388: attempt to index field 'actor' (a nil value)
> IsDead, (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 2388)
> (null) (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 1073)
> (null) ([C]: -1)
> IsDead, (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 2388)
> (null) (scripts/entities/actor/basicactor.lua: 1073)

I am not sure how to approach this problem, but I have also tried to use other methods like the 'ChangeAnimgraph' flownode, which actually does not work!! Is it possible to have multiple animation graphs inside the grunt.lua file for example? Or an option which allows us to change the graph?!?
WhiteNorthStar
Not my first Rodeo
Not my first Rodeo

Postby WhiteNorthStar » 14.07.2012, 12:15

I think this tutorial series is mainly for player-characters, but you might find it useful:

http://seithcg.com/wordpress/?page_id=1230
http://seithcg.com/wordpress/?page_id=1303
http://seithcg.com/wordpress/?page_id=1338
tommrazek01
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby tommrazek01 » 14.02.2013, 10:13

Hello,
Could you please tell me a website were I can get character models for cry engine 3 or a tutorial which is under 30 minutes.
Mika
Honourable Member
Honourable Member

Postby Mika » 21.02.2013, 17:30

The ChangeAnimGraph FG node works, as does setting the graph in the LUA script. I am using both in my own project. I would suspect that there is something else you might be doing wrong.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community