Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

About vehicle setup

Character and Object Animation Setup. Trackview Cutscenes Setup.

aldrickbanks
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

About vehicle setup

Postby aldrickbanks » 27.06.2012, 14:46

Hi everyone,I am creating a racing game prototype with freedSDK 3.4.0.There are some problems that I need some help on:

1.How to tweek the camera angle when steering a vehicle(car) in third person view.
I found the camera always aiming the car.The vehicle editor doesn't offer camera rotation offset parameters(as least I didn't find any).So if I want the third person view camera to aim the horizon or any preset angel (like we would experience in Need For Speed),what should I do?

2.When I drive the car fast,the camera tend to keep a big distance from it(not THAT big,but a bit too big to feel comfortable),and will get close to it only when the speed is down or when the car is stop.How can I limit the distance range between camera and the car when the car is running at a high speed.

3.I tried to set the maximun speed of the car 200 or so,but the actual full speed will just hover at around 80 kpm.How to get a fast max speed?

4.How to get the car's health data(like player's health data) at runtime?So that I can know when the car will be broken in real-time.

5.Can I let the car jump off ground when I hitting space key like we do it with player?How?

Thank you so much!
WE CAN WATCH THE WORLD DEVOURED IN ITS PAIN.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community