Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

How do I ragdollize the player temporarily?

Character and Object Animation Setup. Trackview Cutscenes Setup.

toxiciron
Just getting started
Just getting started

How do I ragdollize the player temporarily?

Postby toxiciron » 24.07.2012, 20:57

I've looked all through the documentation and all the references are very vague and extremely complex to me... All I want to do is have the player character automatically ragdollize at certain thresholds, preferably with flowgraphs since they are all i really know how to use... I've tried the FallAndPlay thingy but I can't seem to get that to work properly, it just makes my character invulnerable.
§
seith
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Re: How do I ragdollize the player temporarily?

Postby seith » 25.07.2012, 09:32

Mmh. It seems what you're looking for is having the Flowgraph send signals to the player's animation graph. So far, rumor has it this is impossible (unless someone can correct me of course). I've opened a thread to that effect here: viewtopic.php?f=325&t=94957.

And there's also this thread there: viewtopic.php?f=323&t=92071.
seith
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Postby seith » 26.07.2012, 14:10

FYI Mika answered the question in the first thread I mentioned and it turns out it is possible after all!
toxiciron
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby toxiciron » 27.07.2012, 06:46

Actually that isn't exactly my problem as I'm more trying to get the player to NOT have animations... I've done so much as to modify the sdk dude's animation set on load, the modification including 2 states called Passed Out and Awake... There are 2 inputs, both strings with the keys Pass Out and Wake Up. I've set an event modifier pointing to Pass Out called TurnRagdoll upon entering state, and another to Wake Up upon leaving the state. very confusing, but I thought what I made would FINALLY make it work... didn't even go ragdoll the first time. A picture wouldn't really be in order because I'd have to show like, 7 different pictures.
I also tried telling the animation graph the character has no health, he goes ragdoll (YES! FINALLY!) but when I tell it he has health again, he won't get up...
When I try Fall And Play, he doesn't even fall at the specified health threshold, and once his health hits 0, it sets itself back to 1. Do I need to have my flowgraph constantly flip fall and play on and off or something? I've tried everything I can think of and headaches are not in short supply.
§

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community