Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

custom console maps?

If you have problems with the Sandbox editor or other provided tools, let us know here.

Cruel Tea
Just getting started
Just getting started

custom console maps?

Postby Cruel Tea » 01.07.2011, 04:53

Is there any possible way that i could import maps into my xbox 360 or ps3. i have the game on all 3 platforms now and i was wondering if anyone out there is capable of pulling this off? maybe using a flash drive with modio or something. this idea just came out of pure curiosity since i seen this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4wdYftp1rA

this certainly does not look impossible but as long as we keep within the range of the capabilities the console hardware has.

Post on this thread if you like. or just this one.
https://secure.mycrysis.com/forums/view ... 21&t=33978
Zephbane
Developer
Developer

Re: custom console maps?

Postby Zephbane » 01.07.2011, 06:55

The only problem I forsee is getting the map to load. There's no console or menu to load maps. I guess you could try to replace the savegame file with one from your PC that you saved while in your map... but I dont know if the formats are the same. Would like to see someone do this though
Zeph
Producer
Producer

Postby Zeph » 01.07.2011, 07:04

It would be understandable for Crytek to possibly open the way for custom content to make its way to the PS3, but Microsoft has such strict standards concerning content patches on the 360 and XBL for quality control that it'd never see the light of day.

As for making sure you hit resource levels, there are monitoring tools available in the sandbox to make sure you're under budget. If it comes down to it, I'm sure the ps3 jailbreaking scene can work it out.
MrSeyker
Developer
Developer

Postby MrSeyker » 01.07.2011, 08:45

Zeph wrote:It would be understandable for Crytek to possibly open the way for custom content to make its way to the PS3, but Microsoft has such strict standards concerning content patches on the 360 and XBL for quality control that it'd never see the light of day.

The 360 version of FC2 is no different than all other versions, and the 360 has no problem sharing user created maps.

The only reason I doubt this will ever happen with Crysis 2 is because it was never planned, and Crytek won't bother.

The three systems have way too different specs, and the PC users that will create content for C2 will create stuff that's WAY past both the PS3 and the 360's limits.
Zeph
Producer
Producer

Postby Zeph » 01.07.2011, 21:52

Yes, but the FC2 method is different from what we're doing with the sandbox. Consider how Bungie uses Forge with its predefined assets and limits and compare it to what you can do from scratch with Sandbox. The two use a drastically different structure (static bsp leaves and variable heightmap) but their map editors are really nothing more than a hot-swap system on a pre-defined map. You're not really creating anything new, just messing with what's already there by creating a new scenario. That's the sole reason the two have been allowed to get past review and onto XBL.

It could happen since all the paks are there, but really there's no benefit in Crysis 2 considering its urban landscape would drastically limit what could be made.

If you want a uniform play experience, only one spec matters and there's a graphics configuration made specifically for the consoles. Sandbox 3 provides the resource monitoring tools to ensure something will run properly on either console down to the byte.
Cruel Tea
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cruel Tea » 02.07.2011, 01:16

Zeph wrote:Yes, but the FC2 method is different from what we're doing with the sandbox. Consider how Bungie uses Forge with its predefined assets and limits and compare it to what you can do from scratch with Sandbox. The two use a drastically different structure (static bsp leaves and variable heightmap) but their map editors are really nothing more than a hot-swap system on a pre-defined map. You're not really creating anything new, just messing with what's already there by creating a new scenario. That's the sole reason the two have been allowed to get past review and onto XBL.

It could happen since all the paks are there, but really there's no benefit in Crysis 2 considering its urban landscape would drastically limit what could be made.

If you want a uniform play experience, only one spec matters and there's a graphics configuration made specifically for the consoles. Sandbox 3 provides the resource monitoring tools to ensure something will run properly on either console down to the byte.
hassanayoub85
Developer
Developer

Postby hassanayoub85 » 09.07.2011, 22:17

You can't do this legally, as the method in the you tube link is strict illegal and you will be be in troubles with both crytek and sony. So be carefull.
I think, if crytek make a patch for xbox and ps3 versions allow loading levels/mods from the hard disk will be very good future for modders.
Nothing Is Impossible. The Only Inpossible Is Saying Impossible. So Don't Say It.
Erndog2k
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Erndog2k » 10.07.2011, 02:41

I swear if I could do this and share with my freinds my maps for the first time ever i'd be so happy

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community