Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Same problem for days... Colors won't render..

If you have problems with the Sandbox editor or other provided tools, let us know here.

Synnux
Just getting started
Just getting started

Same problem for days... Colors won't render..

Postby Synnux » 10.08.2012, 04:34

I got CRYENGINE 3 a couple of days ago, and I am very new to designing with such an intricate editor. I used to map for Insurgency and CS:S but I would still say that I am a "newbie" when it comes to level design. To the point. I started watching an editor tutorial on Youtube, by moocowisback (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a42Obs62ses), and I have so far generated terrain, increased the water level to 80 and decreased the maximum height to 500.

Then I got to the texturing, and maybe it is just because I am brand new to this kind of editor or something, but I noticed that I can apply material to the terrain with no problem, but that is all I can do. It won't render the color that supposedly specific to each type of material. I also noticed that when I am in the texture manager and browsing the materials, there is a little lock button next to each drop-down box and material. Also, the white squares and black lines are still showing on the terrain.

Any help would be much appreciated. My Print-Screen key is not working, otherwise I would put up pictures.
Tracer
News Posters
News Posters

Re: Same problem for days... Colors won't render..

Postby Tracer » 10.08.2012, 04:57

The lock indicates it cannot be saved with changes. You can, however, duplicate the material and give it a different name and change it all you want. The changes will be there next time you load.
As for the other things, I need to see screenshots.
Open the console in the Editor (Go to View---> Open View Pane---> Console) and type "r_screenshot=2" without quotes and attach the photos. They should save in "My Documents"
Need a chuckle? Click here for CryDev Humor
No support via PM
Synnux
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Synnux » 10.08.2012, 05:25

Got the screen to stop going black and did the panoramic screenshot. By the way it is "e_screenshot=2". :D
Tracer
News Posters
News Posters

Postby Tracer » 10.08.2012, 06:13

Hm guess that changed in CryEngine 3.
Synnux
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Synnux » 11.08.2012, 05:26

It looks like the one on the left, and it will not look like the one on the right.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.46 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Synnux
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Synnux » 12.08.2012, 18:24

I got some pictures of the terrain. The only reason that I am able to paint is because I have to change the color under Layer with the Layer Painter.

Let me know what pictures you need. I got my Print-Screen button to work.
Attachments
Texture Problem.JPG
birdeez
Producer
Producer

Postby birdeez » 12.08.2012, 19:31

Hi Synnux, all the terrain textures have a default colour white, you have to select the colour you wish to paint with.

If you look at the diffuse colour of a texture in the material editor you will see it is 255,255,255 which is white.

This should help http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDO ... ng+Terrain

Also it helps to go to the bottom of the layer painter and use the change button an click on the terrain to make the tiles a larger resolution. Remember to generate surface texture from the main menu.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community