Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

First Person arms render camera

Just getting started? Looking for some information on CE and/or CE projects? Ask here!

fred64
Just getting started
Just getting started

First Person arms render camera

Postby fred64 » 21.05.2012, 13:08

I need some expert help....

I am tring to change the game.dll to see if it could be adapted for flight simulation, I am thinking about rendering the cockpit geometry within as a first person item/weapon to solve the z-fighting issue when your main camera far view is over 10 kms and your cockpit is at say 0.3 m

Are the first person arms/weapons rendered in the main game camera or in a different camera?
I tried to look at the player.cpp or playerview.cpp but see no indication on how it is done

I think it might be a different camera or else the arms/weapons might disappear when for example you get too close to a wall.

thanks
Fred
Author of Helicopter Total Realism
a realistic helicopter library for FSX
the_grim
Superstar Dolphin
Superstar Dolphin

Re: First Person arms render camera

Postby the_grim » 21.05.2012, 14:25

Yes it's a separate view, the player hands geometry doesn't clip with the game world geometry for example. Can't say where to find the relevant code though.
fred64
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: First Person arms render camera

Postby fred64 » 26.05.2012, 12:54

Thank you, I will try to post also on the programming subforum to see in I get a specific answer.
Looking further into the C++ code I see that there's are different rendermode s for the enity's rendernodes one of which is rendermodefirst person (or similar) so maybe this is a different camera...

thanks
Fred
Author of Helicopter Total Realism
a realistic helicopter library for FSX

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community