Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Custom Hovering Vehicle.

Just getting started? Looking for some information on CE and/or CE projects? Ask here!

Rudster
Just getting started
Just getting started

Custom Hovering Vehicle.

Postby Rudster » 02.08.2012, 02:32

I have been working on a project for months now. Near public showing of what I have done however I am unhappy with how I had to setup the vehicles. Because the vehicles hover 3 meters above the ground, I made 4 wheels with soft suspension and low traction to give the feel of floating, Using custom animations when turning. However its just not the same, The vehicles just don't function exactly how they should if they were really floating and So how could i go about this? Is it possible with flow-graphs? Or is there support with the available code? If you want an idea of what I have been attempting. Take a look at Star wars Episode I Racer.

Thank you
Rudster
Rudster
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: Custom Hovering Vehicle.

Postby Rudster » 02.08.2012, 13:36

I have noticed a small snipit of code in the default veed_defaultd.xml under scripts\entities\vehicles\

Code: Select all
    <Hovercraft sampleByHelpers="0" thrusterHeightAdaption="1" acceleration="8" accelerationMultiplier="2.2" cornerForce="1.9" cornerOffset="0,0,1.75" cornerTilt="0" damping="0.6" dampingLimit="2" hoverHeight="1" hoverVariance="0" hoverFrequency="0" linearDamping="0.1" numThrusters="9" pushOffset="0,-2,0" pushTilt="30" stiffness="1.4" thrusterBottomOffset="0.1" thrusterMaxHeightCoeff="1.1" thrusterTilt="40" turnAccel="0.9" turnAccelMultiplier="2.2" turnDamping="0.8" turnRateMax="1.2" velMax="18">
       <Thrusters />
    </Hovercraft> 

However I cant find anything else. Any ideas?
ilovegamemaking
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby ilovegamemaking » 02.08.2012, 13:47

have you tried the vehicle editor?
key6.jpg
Rudster
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Rudster » 02.08.2012, 14:10

I have attempted but whenever I try to create a a new vehicle entity however when saving, all I get is "The new vehicle entity will be registered at next Editor/Game Launch." and nothing is saved even after a restart of the program.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community