Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Audio

User avatar Cry-Adam
CRYENGINE Developer
CRYENGINE Developer

Audio

Postby Cry-Adam » 16.11.2011, 17:07

Please provide any feedback/issues regarding Audio below. Steps to reproduce the issue are necessary in order to find and fix any issues.

Please keep chatter to a minimum in these threads so that it's easier for us to find important information. This first post will be kept up to date with any known issues. Any work-arounds will be posted here also.

Known Issues
  • N/A
User avatar specta
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: Audio SDL Mixer

Postby specta » 30.04.2015, 12:06

First off thanks to the devs for the new SDL Mixer its just wanted I needed great addition . I am having a few teething problems with it ,I followed the new documents
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... +SDL+Mixer.

I get my custom sounds to display in the audio control browser and the ATLControls show as well. But the AudioTriggerSpot entity is not showing on my Objects Audio type bar no AudioTriggerSpot type is shown.

I put the s_AudioSystemImplementationName = CryAudioImplSDLMixer command in to my system.cfg file as asked and created a folder called sdlmixer in sound .

Also the music icon is not showing as descripted below
The AudioControlsBrowser can be accessed via the menu "View -> Open Viewpane -> Audio Controls Browser" or the "Note Icon" in the Menubar.

Am I missing some thing ? All I have to do to enable this is put the command in the system.cfg file and create a folder called sdlmixer in sound and put my custom files there. I also deleted the WWISE banks out of the sound folder ? is it okay to delete all the WWISE stuff ?

Thanks
User avatar Cry-Thomas
CRYENGINE Developer
CRYENGINE Developer

Re: Audio SDL Mixer

Postby Cry-Thomas » 30.04.2015, 12:13

specta wrote:I get my custom sounds to display in the audio control browser and the ATLControls show as well. But the AudioTriggerSpot entity is not showing on my Objects Audio type bar no AudioTriggerSpot type is shown.
Interesting, can you add a screenshot showing this behavior?

specta wrote:Also the music not icon is not showing as descripted below
The AudioControlsBrowser can be accessed via the menu "View -> Open Viewpane -> Audio Controls Browser" or the "Note Icon" in the Menubar.

Am I missing some thing ?
That icon will be available with the next release.

specta wrote:All I have to do to enable this is put the command in the system.cfg file and create a folder called sdlmixer in sound and put my custom files there. I also deleted the WWISE banks out of the sound folder ? is it okay to delete all the WWISE stuff ?
That's correct as long as those custom files are either of type wav or ogg. Also make sure they are in 16bit 48kHz format.
User avatar specta
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: Audio

Postby specta » 30.04.2015, 13:24

Thanks for the quick reply :) As you mentioned file type is where the problem is I managed to get the sounds to work now :) I downloaded Audacity for free and down sampled files to ogg 16bit 48kHz format and they worked .

The AudioTriggerSpot is showing in the Objects Audio type bar , My mistake I had tunnel vision as on the documents pic you have a audioarearandom option and I don't have that on mine so my triggerspot option is to the left of where it shows in the document picture .

Will have a play around with it , Thanks for your work on this its very easy and straight forward :)
User avatar Cry-Thomas
CRYENGINE Developer
CRYENGINE Developer

Postby Cry-Thomas » 30.04.2015, 14:03

I am glad you like it and that it is working for you now.

specta wrote:The AudioTriggerSpot is showing in the Objects Audio type bar , My mistake I had tunnel vision as on the documents pic you have a audioarearandom option and I don't have that on mine so my triggerspot option is to the left of where it shows in the document picture .
Yes, that is a new audio entity which we will introduce with the next release.
User avatar wyk9461
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby wyk9461 » 01.05.2015, 16:27

Will you guys provide SDLMixer-Compatible sounds in future updates?I means in 3.7.0, if I switch to SDLMixer then I lose all the original sounds which force me to switch back to Wwise...
User avatar specta
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby specta » 02.05.2015, 06:24

wyk9461 wrote:Will you guys provide SDLMixer-Compatible sounds in future updates?I means in 3.7.0, if I switch to SDLMixer then I lose all the original sounds which force me to switch back to Wwise...

+1

Are if Devs could add a download option for the original Ogg are Vorbis files and we can add them to the SDL mixer folder and link them back to the basic actions .Will add my own in time but be nice to have the originals to work from as reference
User avatar Cry-Thomas
CRYENGINE Developer
CRYENGINE Developer

Postby Cry-Thomas » 04.05.2015, 19:08

We will try to get a setup out for the Woodland level and some player sounds including one or two weapons.
User avatar Guzzo
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Guzzo » 29.05.2015, 13:03

Hi,
I want to report some SDL Mixer bugs.
1- When I click on Mute Audio, it turns off only some sounds.
2- In ACB, when I save the changes, all the sounds are playing together.
3- -MOST IMPORTANT - -
Sometimes, when I enter in pure game mode (CTRL+G) I hear sounds that are far away from the player and they should not be heard. It happens randomly.

I want to ask if they are known bugs and if they will be solved with the next update.
Otherwise, can I solve them now?

Thank you
User avatar Cry-Thomas
CRYENGINE Developer
CRYENGINE Developer

Postby Cry-Thomas » 29.05.2015, 14:11

Thanks for the report Guzzo.
We already identified those a while back.
Corresponding fixes will be part of the next release.
User avatar Guzzo
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Guzzo » 29.05.2015, 15:18

Cry-Thomas wrote:Thanks for the report Guzzo.
We already identified those a while back.
Corresponding fixes will be part of the next release.

Thank you Thomas.
Do you know if in the update there will be a randomisation of the footsteps' sound with SDL Mixer? Otherwise I really don't know how to solve that problem. Having only one sound per surface sounds bad.
User avatar Cry-Thomas
CRYENGINE Developer
CRYENGINE Developer

Postby Cry-Thomas » 29.05.2015, 15:36

Guzzo wrote:...Do you know if in the update there will be a randomisation of the footsteps' sound with SDL Mixer? Otherwise I really don't know how to solve that problem. Having only one sound per surface sounds bad.
Sorry but at this point we do not plan on enhancing the SDL Mixer implementation. Maybe you can find a coder in the community who is willing and able to add that functionality. All of the required source code is available.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community