Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Crysis 2 - First Official In-game Screenshots!

News regarding Crytek

Zezeri
Database Support
Database Support

Postby Zezeri » 13.05.2010, 23:40

Imo, Crysis enemies (koreans) were somehow visually appearing, coz you could actually see their faces and their emotions. It's more interesting to look into a human face than some killzone-mask. Actually they're getting a bit to sci-fi. And the lighting isn't the problem imo.
Lighting/Level Artist

working at metricminds

Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/Zezeri

Crysis 2: The Journey
Fudsine
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Postby Fudsine » 13.05.2010, 23:42

Originally posted by Zezeri
Imo, Crysis enemies (koreans) were somehow visually appearing, coz you could actually see their faces and their emotions. It's more interesting to look into a human face than some killzone-mask. Actually they're getting a bit to sci-fi. And the lighting isn't the problem imo.

No consoles dont have support for more than 1 detailed face on screen at a time, not allowed!
Originally posted by Cry-Ruan
The trollface avatar is hereby banned. Those of you who wish to use it know who you are.
Zezeri
Database Support
Database Support

Postby Zezeri » 13.05.2010, 23:43

Originally posted by r4tio
Originally posted by Zezeri
their faces and their emotions.

They wanna kill ya. 'nuff said. Don't need no face.

Crysis/Ce2 has superior facial animations which are shown of quite nicely this way. They were also scared sometimes. And anger/hate can be expressed better by a face than a mask.

@Fudsine

Yeah, the Face Texture size and the amount of differnet textures (sub surface, detail...) could've been a problem indeed. :(
Last edited by Zezeri on 13.05.2010, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Lighting/Level Artist

working at metricminds

Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/Zezeri

Crysis 2: The Journey
The Master Elite
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby The Master Elite » 13.05.2010, 23:46

Ooooh, shineh.

I don't like the new alien design. I liked the old ones a whole lot more. Instead of the usual overwhelming firepower on a humanoid gun platform kind of thing, why not just stick with the original cephalopod design? Worked a lot better and felt a whole lot more alien to me.

They also need to expand on the nature of the aliens' weaponry more in my opinion. Give them truely exotic armaments...the icicle cannons were genius, propelling shards of ice, an easily formed substance here on Earth, at insane velocities was a brilliant idea for an alien armament.

Regardless, I think they should build on that more and simply stick to the older design. Definitely give them more unit designs, but not humanoid. More in their likeness. Humans designed the Nanosuit with humans in mind. Aliens would design their combat exoskeletons with their own kind in mind.

Maybe also expand on the original 'dropship' idea [recall the final Boss Gunship from Crysis vanilla]...make more support 'carriers' that fly overhead dropping the smaller ones into the field.

Those are the tip of the iceberg regarding my thoughts on this...as for the game as a whole, looking good for its alpha stages.

Wort,

T.M.E.
"He who has 1000 friends will find he has none to spare, but he who has one enemy will find him everywhere..."

"They said it was impossible. I said it was a matter of perspective."
--The Master Elite
zahl
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby zahl » 13.05.2010, 23:47

Wow epic gibbing; that dude in the first pic is getting shot in half.

Looks good albeit console(ish). You gotta commend them for releasing honest screenshots in any case.
GOLDENEYEISH CRYSIS

Awesome Idea of the Week: Blinds that unfold from the top.
-Hunter-
Developer
Developer

Postby -Hunter- » 13.05.2010, 23:50

The aliens in the trailer looked WAY cooler.
The screenshots look OK, but nothing that special IMO.
However, the game is not finished yet and those are just pictures of the console version, so we'll see how the game turns out in the end.
Fearlezz
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Fearlezz » 13.05.2010, 23:53

I really cant see the connection between the end of Crysis 1 and everything Ive seen so far of Crysis 2.
If I got it right, you dont even play as Nomad anymore, and you are one of many nanosuit soldiers that fight the aliens that has come to the city.

And these aliens in Crysis 2 that we've seen so far doesnt remind me at all of the aliens in Crysis 1. Except the tentacles the mod mentioned on the first page.

And who are these Crynet soldiers you kill? Werent you working for crynet? Shouldnt you work together to fight the aliens?
And I want to see those really big ass alien ships ram through a building!
Sahdev_92
Developer
Developer

Postby Sahdev_92 » 13.05.2010, 23:53

I'm probably only getting this for console since my PC can't live up to the standards which are going to be set, but truth be told, PC will always be better than consoles.

I think many of you are judging this game way too early, you're saying it's a generic shooter, when really, we haven't even played it yet, the experience of this game may be amazing. I'd wait until gameplay footage comes to play.

Nonetheless, for console footage, it's quite impressive, I can't wait to see what it's like for PS3 (Although it's been said that there's no distinction between the two).
Hmm, where did my signature go...?

Fudsine
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Postby Fudsine » 13.05.2010, 23:57

maybe some decent PC footage of screenshots would up the approval of the game here, i mean so far we've got about 3 non-gameplay screenshots and about 10 seconds in a GDC demo.
Originally posted by Cry-Ruan
The trollface avatar is hereby banned. Those of you who wish to use it know who you are.
Paul Simon
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Paul Simon » 13.05.2010, 23:58

Well, i can't wait to see some screenshots from the PC version.

Why are only console screenshots released? I want to see the contrast between console and PC.

Also, is it confirmed that there will be no mode switching? If so, this sounds like just another generic shooter... And i don't see how Nanosuit 2 would be an "upgrade".
Last edited by Paul Simon on 14.05.2010, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.
Draperc
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Draperc » 14.05.2010, 00:02

To everyone asking why they've only shown console footage so far : this is the first game they ever made for consoles, so obviously they're gonna try to promote the console versions as much as possible in hopes that it'll sell well. I thought that would be a tad obvious.
tonnir01
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby tonnir01 » 14.05.2010, 00:12

I say the same as every one else that about the HUD that is **** and BLURRY I know it's Per-Alpha, and the aliens are not what I had expected I think that the guys at Digital Armada how is making the Eclipse mod has the most believable concept of how a bipedal alien armour suit looks like (first concept art image and the middle one I think is the best) it is organic and advanced in there own way (alien armour regain ability), the weapons I don't want to be organic.

P.S
Can not wait to see how the PC version looks like
P.S.S
I am a huge fan Crysis and CryEngine
Clivey
Honourable Member
Honourable Member

RE: Crysis 2 - First Official In-game Screenshots!

Postby Clivey » 14.05.2010, 00:20

Looks good and I fully appreciate is WIP still, but that first screenshot the shadows on the objects/ai dont feel right. dont know if an additional lightsource was placed for the screenshot, but dunno, maybe its just me.

But then when I zoom in on the gun sight, theres this strange arc line and transparency effect, like someone applied a filter to part of the image.

Anyway, still look s good for me.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community