Still in WIP... this is something I modeled about 7 years ago fairly high poly, in fact I had to use the Multires modifier in 3DS MAX to get the vertex count low enough to export it. Just did this as a means of testing myself on the exporting process. Had tons of degenerated faces to work out.
The texture got screwed up a little by the multires plus my initial UV layout is just a rough one I threw together.
Took me about 5 hours to work out the UVs and degenerative polys.
I put in the Cry3 lighthouse as a scale reference as well as a human.
Going to try to refine the UVs and the texture over the next couple of days.
Cleaned up the UVs a little, also found the original model I did 7 years ago. The lower poly version and just projected the high poly normals and maps onto it. Still some UV errors to work out, but it's moving along.
That was a procedural bg I made that would rotate around the ships when I moved the camera, so if I ever wanted to animate it, the bg would move accordingly. Regular backdrops just didn't work, that was why I came up with that.
Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums. Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
All rights reserved. Crytek, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis Wars and CRYENGINE® are registered trademarks
of Crytek in the EU, the USA & other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.