Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Sentinel GameStudio [Recruting] [Updated 15/2/2013]

Looking for a developer to join your team, or want a place to advertise your skills? Look no further!

Rage5110
Just getting started
Just getting started

Sentinel GameStudio [Recruting] [Updated 15/2/2013]

Postby Rage5110 » 29.06.2012, 20:12

Introduction :
Hello CryDev, I am Rage5110 from Sentinel Gamestudio. I am experience in web development, 3D Modeling and Animation. The point of me writing this forum post is non other that to recruit more members in our team. So we hope you would cooperate by not randomly saying words that would hurt anyone. Thank you.

About Us :
Sentinel Gamestudio, is established at 5th June 2012, We are currently working on a game project called "Project Skyfire" the official end product name has not been decided yet. Our aim and vision is to create the next generation of MMORPG games, with advance graphics and gameplay.

About Project Skyfire

General Information
  • Platform : PC
  • Game Name : Project Skyfire (Currently Project name, Official name hasn't been decided yet)
  • Genre : MMORPG
  • Camera View : First & Third Person
  • Game Engine : CryENGINE®3
  • Team Size : 5 (Currently)

Project Skyfire Storyline :
<Updating>

Current Member(s) :

Position(s) Available :

2D Artist :
  • Experience with Digital Painting
  • Ability to Commit
  • Knowledge on Concepting and Drawing
  • An Open Imagination

Needed 1

Apply Here!

3D Artist :
  • Experience with 3D Modeling
  • Experience with UV wrapping
  • Ability to Commit
  • An Open Imagination

Needed 2
Apply Here!

Texture Artist :
  • Experience with Texture Creation
  • Can create a ornamental Textures (ex : Long grass, grass, flower, vines and etc)
  • Ability to Commit
  • Knowledge on CryENGINE®3 asset exporting
  • Keen Eye

Needed 2

Apply Here!

Programmer :
  • Expert in Programming Language ( C++ / LUA / C# )
  • Basic knowledge on CryENGINE®3
  • Ability to Commit
  • Able to receive feed back and patience
  • Keen Eye

Needed 2

Apply Here!

UI Programmer :
  • Expert in Flash And Actionscript
  • Basic knowledge on CryENGINE®3
  • Ability to Commit
  • Able to receive feed back and patience
  • Keen Eye

Needed 1

Apply Here!

Current Progression :

Image(s) are kept hidden to allow faster page load time.

----------------------

Contact Information / Media Link(s) :
Last edited by Rage5110 on 12.03.2013, 13:33, edited 21 times in total.
"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us"
Horus_
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Re: Sentinel GameStudio [Recruting]

Postby Horus_ » 29.06.2012, 22:13

The same thing that is valid for everyone attempting to make an MMO is valid to you:
1st- Make sure you understand the challenge it is to make an MMO, it requires x100 the amount of work and time a regular game requires. That means not just time, but money and patience as well. A big team is required since you are talking about a huge quantity of assets, terrain, items, and so on.
2nd- Make sure your team's leader is someone with not only a lot of experience in managing teams, but understands the scale and sheer amount of organization a big project requires.
3rd-I recommend starting off with a small team, organizing and making sure everything works fine with that small team for a while, and then, increase the size.
4th- You will have to completely reconfigure CE3's internal network and overall structure to suit your own network and connection to the external application (standalone server).
5th-Define goals, my advice is attempt to make a tech-demo without the online structure and attempt to find investors for it, fact is, without money such a huge project can't start. Besides the obvious bills for the website, distribution, you will have to spend a lot to maintain the machines that will hold the server - depending on the quality of the team who is making your server application.
6th- Extensively describe your work in an appropriate game document where you predict and explain every single aspect of the game. I recommend the following template: http://www.google.pt/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=g ... dQ&cad=rja .
And I could go on for days showing you how hard it is to make an MMO. If however you need some guidance, I'm sure a lot of people in the forum will gladly help you, just take in consideration, that for the past years, no true indie mmo was released with success.

After you have the tech-demo done, if it does look good, feel free to contact me since my team work in creating MMO applications, and have been doing so for the past 7 years, without doubt, being top of the line.

Cheers mate, I hope you succeed and most of all, have fun.
Rage5110
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Rage5110 » 30.06.2012, 00:51

Yeah, I understand the challenge to make an MMO :) , and the work that it take to make it :) . Thank you :)
"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not Forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us"
Horus_
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby Horus_ » 27.07.2012, 13:24

If you do have new content to present Rage, you'll have to do it in your existing thread , meaning, here.
Rage5110
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Rage5110 » 27.07.2012, 15:07

Ahh sorry about that

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community