Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

getting started

Just getting started? Looking for some information on CE and/or CE projects? Ask here!

skydd
Just getting started
Just getting started

getting started

Postby skydd » 23.07.2012, 15:32

Hello everbody,

I'm want to be a new user of the free cryengine3 skd. now i got a problem. I have only installed the free cryengine3 skd and now i don't know what to do next. I really hope someone can help me so that I'm also can develop my onw game.

thanks for readying,

skydd
friendlyfire
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: getting started

Postby friendlyfire » 23.07.2012, 18:06

Hi, I only recently arrived here myself. First step - check out the links in the Docs up at the top of this page. Searching youtube for cryengine tutorial also seems pretty effective.

I think the first thing for most people is to get use to the basic sandbox functionality - after that you'll probably have a few more ideas for the directions you want to go in.

HTH
FF
Nathf1505
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Nathf1505 » 24.07.2012, 01:21

Just take it all in at your own pace. When I first got into cryengine I spent my time clicking all of the buttons to see what they did.

After that take a look at youtube for some basic tutorials. If you have a bit of money to spend I would highly recommend you buy some of the Eat3D (www.eat3d.com) tutorials on cryengine. They have a great 3 part series on the basics of cryengine as well as a couple of follow ups on materials. Other than that the only other thing I could think of is the cryengine cookbook which can be found here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/CryEngine-3-Coo ... 1849691061 expensive but well worth it :)

Good luck!
skydd
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby skydd » 24.07.2012, 12:12

thanks but that wasn't really my problem. After i downloaded the free cryengine 3 skd, i had only a map full of documents. but i don't know wat to do with those files. do have to click on some files or do i have to download an other program? please, can someone tells me
friendlyfire
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby friendlyfire » 24.07.2012, 13:17

run C:\CryEngine\Bin64\Editor.exe (or where ever you installed it)
To start the sandbox editor

or open
C:\CryEngine\Code\Solutions\CryEngine_GameCodeOnly.sln
with VisualStudio 10 if you want to see the source.

I believe it can also be made to work with VS Express - there are some instructions on this if you search around.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community