So, here it is. Just take your favourite wrapper, and enjoy last 3 months of your hard work. Just a little herb, for those who were wondering if someday, this may be growing in CryEngine2. It was created with 3DS Max, i had good luck on finding the best looking, and hires leaf textures, with good alpha channel. A little bit of Photoshop, little bit of 3DMAX, and whole lot of CE2.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WVMGZEJW ---- Latest 2010 Download
Enjoy viewing pics, more to come, also with flowers, in various sizes, and varieties.
UPDATES: )) Jan 14. 2009 ((
* Added new video showcasing Flowgraph, and TOD based grow cycles (yes its all about the sunshine)
* Released first alpha version. Note that it actually works just fine. Only new features missing
* New texture pack, new specular maps, and few minor changes in FG script
* Herb is only 98kb in size, enormous downsize of vegetation object (3000kb to 98kb)
* Whole herb with around 200+ leaves created with SANDBOX2 and exported to 3DMAX as obj
* Downsized poly count, from two sided 6-8 plane to only 1 polygon planar leaf.
* Fixed minor FG bugs / animation is now more smooth, and more fun!
* Extended project so it can be used for any plant
* Created new Flowgraph based plant growing system
* Added new textured buds, with custom DynamicFrozen layer
* Added frost to upper leaves (it will be changed dynamically to follow TOD)
* Separated complex models from 3D Studio to simple 4 elements (branch, leaf, stem & bud)
* Added more dense models
* Fixed leafs transparency problem
* I have added bump maps, with normal maps, so now leafs show light more realisticly.
* Added TrackView animation, controlled by the Flowgraph (changed to FG)
* Added new FlowGraph
* Added photogallery with new much better herbs - http://www.panoramio.com/user/3790238?with_photo_id=28178429
To avoid problems with transparency, instead of setting Opacity to 99%, use TestAlpha scroller in Material Editor, to presicly set strenght of alpha channel of the photo.
With new flowgrpah, leafs can now grow from selected (as many as i set) spots on the branches. I use iterator from FG plugin to capture all spots, and then they grow leafs literally in millisecond. More soon.
Last edited by iriedreadlock on 14.01.2010, 16:21, edited 10 times in total.
awesome asset, now we need a get HIGH flowgraph, where the players can roll and smoke joints
Last edited by revange on 14.10.2009, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
THanks for replies and big interest!!!!
Yes its growing!!! I believe i could even animate the herb growth. I didnt plan to make mod out of this, but who knows. Maybe you will see something like, hide these plants before the cops come. Your neighboor have seen the herb through your window. And you pick up the weed, and carefully get it to the safety.....
Or we could just dedicate whole CE2 power to render some super mother plant, that could really live. And you could water it, kill the insects with spray, and after a while, to enjoy looking and newly born buds.... Waiting for the harvest...
BTW, about rolling and smoking, i had a project on GTAForums, where friend of mine and I have created Nico Belic smoking spliffs on button press (just like Lil Jacob does in some missions). So, why not even in CE2. Anything is possible!