Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Poseidon_Conflict IA/PSmap idea

Use this section to show off your CE2 levels

MysticMDT
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby MysticMDT » 28.08.2010, 20:07

This is making nice progress :) I like the different areas, many variation,pyramide thing looks cool, the bar is nicely done, are you using solids too?

The vases with plants are custom models or retail ? They looking nice, I could use them too :p

Don't know anything about Power struggle, can't help much with ideas sorry...
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 29.08.2010, 00:45

hey Mystic, thanks for taking the time out to check this out :)

more interested in if the map looks real than multiplayer functionality at this stage, so any feedback or ideas on how to improve the looks is much appreciated

yep, using solids but converting them to basic entities and then to brushes...painful but worth it
the plants and pots are somewhere in the library, under brushes/architecture/multiplayer/prototype facility

small update, think i finally sorted out the bunker location, underground in a passage off the flooded subway..and busy building the last building above it to get DP back under 2500
still need to add some jittery neon signs on the walls and things but here's what it looks like so far
ultranew_b
Producer
Producer

Postby ultranew_b » 29.08.2010, 02:43

Nice atmosphere in the subway !

:D
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 29.08.2010, 11:04

thanks a lot for the feedback ultranew_b :cheesy:

here's the start of the shopping centre in the middle of the main road..
hope it works
MysticMDT
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby MysticMDT » 29.08.2010, 18:46

Subway looking nice, you can add some fog in there. Check out some reference subway pictures to get the light realistic, for amazing atmosphere. It maybe bit difficult, but you can always try :p

A bit like this:

Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 29.08.2010, 20:00

wow Mystic..those pics are awesome!!
thank you...will see if i can change it up to look more modern...like those pics...should go a lot better with the theme!
thanks again :cheesy:

here's a quick update on the shops so far...
any suggestions on wall textures..i am battling to find decent textures to work
trying to get see-through both sides where FPS will allow..

struggling on the entrance to the subway...dp shoots up and fps sucks..will have to work on it

look forward to your feedback and suggestions :))
Last edited by Bladestar on 29.08.2010, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
MysticMDT
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby MysticMDT » 30.08.2010, 02:27

Nice looks like fun, I would break the glass and take all weapons :) Probably brown brick walls(older style) on outside and marble/concrete inside or also marble/concrete on outside could fit.

This isn't a big picture,could not find any better now, but this below got marble at least in the pillar I think.

Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 30.08.2010, 08:12

hahaha in the MP map the glass is unbreakable ;)

thanks for the pic of the shop..going to hunt for black marble at cg textures :cheesy:
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 30.08.2010, 22:56

i tried a few marble textures and worked on the main entrance..
think its better than before ?(
MysticMDT
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby MysticMDT » 30.08.2010, 23:11

Yeah,the black marble looks better but I don't find the white wall texture have much detail from the position you made the screenshot. If that white wall texture is marble then it's quite a low quality texture or need different scaling?
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 31.08.2010, 07:52

yeah its marble but the colour variations in the diffue didnt work...nicely spotted Mytic
thanks dude
here's another marble ?(
MysticMDT
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby MysticMDT » 31.08.2010, 17:05

Great, that looks way better :D

Just some suggestions:

The wall seems a bit flat still however, you can try make it more interesting with maybe some sort of pillar on left and right of the sign and some place for people to sit that are waiting infront the shop outside :)
psyphtoix
Developer
Developer

Postby psyphtoix » 01.09.2010, 16:29

Bladestar, this is just coming along amazingly! I was going to mention earlier how this was gaining the same 'living' feel that ultranoobs "shibuya" map had and judging from all the recent screenshots, there and then some!

My computer has died terribly. I will jump on the older family computer and prepare bare bunker assets for you as I need something to do. You could use that for any custom bunker areas, well-placed spawn points can be very crafty.

The bricks on the bus stop do look a little out of place. The graffiti looks good on it tho. Perhaps the black material from that wheely-bin would suit in place of the bricks. Maybe a few well placed advertising posters to busy up some spaces.

An idea for the shop front, a pre-smashed window for a few weapons that are set to not respawn. If not, the teaser of unobtainable guns is pretty cool just on its own.

Or secret buy zones so anyone could buy standard weapons, perhaps a small zone in front of a gun vendor. If you place any permanent team spawn bunkers, even back at the base, duplicates of their buy zones would be perfect, overlapped, one for each team.
Permanent bunkers means people have another place to spawn in the HQ just in case someone manages to baserape.

Just assign a team to the bunker spawn group, set to non-capturable, and ctrl+c the buy zone shape and resize/re-place as necessary.

Everything is looking sweet as, I'm liking Mystics ideas/suggestions also. You implement them really well!

*edit- condensed my post, ugh.

Here is the barebones assets for a spawn bunker.
I figured you would probably be able to use it, no need to waste time mucking with the prefabs. Just resize the area's, craftily place the spawn points, and off you go.
I wrote up a lil tutorial http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=64526, for anyone following this thread who wants their own custom bunkers with ease.

Can't wait to see what innovative custom-bunker idea's you come up with Bladestar!!
Last edited by psyphtoix on 01.09.2010, 20:03, edited 4 times in total.
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 02.09.2010, 08:19

wow...psyphtoix...i'm blown away dude..awesome ideas!

gonna check out your bunker when i get home tonight..sheesh..thanks man..and the secret buy zones and smashed window idea are incredible!

thanks a million :)
hope your pc gets sorted quick so u can get back to mapping

small update..Richard UK has made a marble floor texture for me..so ripped out the pavement stones and replaced them with his marble floor...thanks a ton Richard :)

after getting floor in place i have been sorting out spacing and getting the other marble textures to work with Mystic's help..thanks dude!!! i think the extra columns work now :)

i started on the next shop this morning..here's Nomad's suv shop lol
the car revolves slowly..may add a "win a car" poster or something..still getting the idea to gel

thanks again for all the help guys..awesome to have a community that assist like this :)
Bladestar
Producer
Producer

Postby Bladestar » 04.09.2010, 21:59

update
i put in the 2 buy-zones linked back to 2 different bunkers as per psyphtoix's awesome idea..thanks a ton dude :cheesy:
whichever team captures the bunkers back at the energy building will be able to buy weapons at these buy zones inside the shopping centre
nice 1 psyphtoix :)

i tried for ages to make a broken glass panel and failed miserably lol
tried bits of glass brushes..tried solids with the alpha channel removed for the hole, tried decals..can't do it :(
sorry psyphtoix...did try though

also started reworking the subway look and feel to get it more in line with the pics Mystic posted earlier..put in the fog vol..got some specular shine on the floors, walls and ceiling, made the notice board things...bit stuck with lights as i have used quite a few in the energy building..so pretty much down to fill lights unless i can change things around..will see how it goes tomorrow

now I just need to sort out the the lights and staircases ..
..thanks for the pics Mystic :cheesy:

look forward to your further ideas and feedback

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community