Working at this map, I was changing a lot of things, both in game genre and in use of the maximum capabilities of CryENGINE3. Each object has been reworked manually. All materials were set up for Crysis 2, and each texture has been converted through new CryTIFF plugin. Along with this, I created all the Bump and Specular maps from scratch. A lot of models were equipped with custom hi-resolution textures that the most important and significant parts of map would be seen on top. Playing Genuine Steelmill, you won't notice even a single bug.
- 100% original remake of Steelmill, well known from Crysis\Wars
- Map size - large (16 players)
- Support of TIA\IA game modes
- Reworked environment in original genre, beautiful and high quality graphics as it should have been in Crysis 2
- Reworked objects and materials
- Custom high-resolution textures
- New weapons and features from Crysis 2
- Extended tactical environment, new weapons pickups ans cover points turns the gameplay into a real meat!
- Parkour - more than 800 parkour objects to use on a map
- Easter eggs
- Alex626 - Lead level designer
- Kim - Designer assistant, tester
- IGOR.T - Minimap creator, tester
(see them all in gallery)
Download - Genuine Steelmill
- Download the file "Genuine Steelmill.rar" and unpack it to any folder
- Go to the root installation folder of Crysis 2
- Copy "gamecrysis2" folder from unpacked archive into ../Crysis2/
- Start the game, connect to server or create your own
This level contains reworked data from Crysis Wars and custom resources, such as solids, materials and textures. This is an author work and intellectual property of Crytek and Aleksey "Alex626" Laptev.
1. You are not allowed to unpack and\or use the level resources, listed below, for your purpose:
If you would like to use these resources, you should ask an author for a personal permission for it via e-mail (Alex626@crymod.net).
2. You are not allowed to upload this map to any other pages without titling an author and without the links to official threads:
CRYMOD.NET - http://crymod.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=595
CryMod.com - http://www.crymod.com/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=68619
3. You are not allowed to include this map in your own map packs.