Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Crytek are hiring and we're looking at you, Crymod!

News regarding Crytek

Cry-Adam
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member

Crytek are hiring and we're looking at you, Crymod!

Postby Cry-Adam » 19.07.2011, 10:09

"Many talented developers got their start in the industry with work posted here"

As many of you know, there have been many eager and talented modders that have made their way into the industry and into Crytek by showcasing their talents here on Crymod. We are looking for more talented people to join our team on an unannounced project that we're working on here at Crytek's head studio in Frankfurt. If you think you've got what it takes, check below for a current list of positions we have available at Crytek!

Design / Content

Senior Cinematic Designer
The Senior Cinematic Designer is responsible for the development and incorporation of story-based events into the game. They are responsible for developing and testing interactive and non-interactive story and level events, including how it plays, in conjunction with the Level Design and Creative Direction and interfacing with Technical Development Teams.

Cinematic Designer
The Cinematic Designer is responsible for the development and incorporation of story-based events into the game. They are responsible for developing and testing interactive and non-interactive story and level events, including how it plays, in conjunction with the Level Design and Creative Direction and interfacing with Technical Development Teams.

Programming / Engineering

Senior AI Programmer
The Senior AI Programmer will leverage its knowledge and existing engine code base to develop and enhance AI, in addition to promoting their use within the team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced AI programmer with a desire to work together with game designers and other members of the team to collaborate on the implementation of AI behaviors and rules, defining combat experience etc. This is a position where design, AI code implementation, creative tools improvements and use by example are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.

Senior Game Programmer
The Senior Game Programmer will leverage its knowledge and existing engine code base to develop and enhance gameplay, in addition to promoting their use within the team. The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in most areas of game development including but not limited to player / world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play etc. This is a position where design, game code implementation, creative tools improvements and use by example are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.

Art / Animation

2-3 Senior 3D Artists
Work with Art Director and other artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of environment assets. Work within inter-disciplinary teams of Artists, Level Artists and Designers. Supervise and mentor Junior Artists on the team. Provide and accept direction. Ensure that all aspects of art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard. Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game. Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results. Work together with our Research and Development department to improve workflow. Coordinate with other studio groups including animation and production to achieve project objectives. Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard. Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.

Senior Technical Artist
Good understanding of anatomy and volume. BS degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art or related fields. 3+ years or more of production experience with realtime CG characters/Technical Animation. Solid scripting experience in MelScript/MaxScript. At least one full development cycle on console. Strong problem solving skills. Expert knowledge of Maya/3dsMax for animation and rigging. Expert knowledge of Animation principles Kinematics and rigging maths. Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Well under deadlines and multi-tasks.

If you'd like to apply and/or learn more about these job offers, please visit our Careers section at Crytek.com!

Related Links

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
the_grim
Superstar Dolphin
Superstar Dolphin

Re: Crytek are hiring and we're looking at you, Crymod!

Postby the_grim » 19.07.2011, 10:28

I think you'd get a lot more applications if there were openings for Junior artists... :P Good luck with the headhunt, anyway. ;)
Aegis
Not my first Rodeo
Not my first Rodeo

Postby Aegis » 19.07.2011, 11:01

It's confirmed that Crysis 3 will have cinematics, AI, gameplay, graphics and animation!
Lavizh
News Posters
News Posters

Postby Lavizh » 19.07.2011, 11:10

Unannounced Project eyh? So it can't be Crysis 3 since that was announced a long time ago. Could it be World of Atlantis? Or perhaps a movie project? ... I would love to sign up but sadly i have to much responsibilities right now.

I would gladly pack my bags and head down there. Would be alot of fun and a really good experience. Somebody has to watch over Xzero when he starts to work there :P

The Vulture
News Posters
News Posters

Postby The Vulture » 19.07.2011, 12:05

Interesting. Nothing in my field but I'm not a Senior anyway. Good luck to those who apply. :)
- Aspiring Level / 3D Artist -
Portfolio | CryDev | Art Blog

atsest
Producer
Producer

Postby atsest » 19.07.2011, 15:18

Very nice that you are posting this here :)

I'd apply for the cinematic designer role, but I don't have a reel :(
SamBusters
Has seen it all
Has seen it all

Postby SamBusters » 19.07.2011, 15:23

atsest wrote:Very nice that you are posting this here :)

Make one! :)
i59
Producer
Producer

Postby i59 » 19.07.2011, 15:56

Hrm, odd that you guys posted this here when it mostly features senior positions. :p Anyway, I like that you post these advertisements on Crymod in addition to constantly searching for talented modders on the forums. :)
F37
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby F37 » 19.07.2011, 16:00

Cry-guys, do you have any comments about the "forest" project we have seen for CE3 showcase ? Is it just for techdemo purpose or something more advanced ?
Lavizh
News Posters
News Posters

Postby Lavizh » 19.07.2011, 16:35

I don't think this thread is the place for that discussion F37.

atsest
Producer
Producer

Postby atsest » 19.07.2011, 17:04

Cry-Sam wrote:
atsest wrote:Very nice that you are posting this here :)

Make one! :)

Ok.
(I just hope the position is there in a months time.)
nomad4ever
Developer
Developer

Postby nomad4ever » 19.07.2011, 17:14

crymod! now you've activated my curiosity skills!! unannounced project eh?can't be ryse,you're working on it.crysis3? so crysis2 sold well eh?or maybe another completely new game? or a joint development? sniper ghost warrior 2,or forged by chaos? man,now i'll WANT to know EVERYTHING!!!
Kenturrac
Developer
Developer

Postby Kenturrac » 19.07.2011, 18:15

"forest" is a sample lvl in the SDK. just a techdemo.
Chrome235
Producer
Producer

Postby Chrome235 » 19.07.2011, 20:06

It's great that they are looking for talent here, but as with all other big studios, the entry requirements are brutal for a newcomer. How many of us here really have 2 years experience in the industry or have shipped a AAA title?

It would be awesome if Crytek had more entry level positions for those people that lack, or have no industry experience, but still have the talent to contribute to a project. Why shouldn't somebody be able to do what they love just because they haven't had the opportunity to get the experience?

I'd love to be a level artist at Crytek. I would love that job with a passion. The requirements for that kind of position though are just demoralizing.
SamBusters
Has seen it all
Has seen it all

Postby SamBusters » 19.07.2011, 20:57

Chrome235 wrote:It's great that they are looking for talent here, but as with all other big studios, the entry requirements are brutal for a newcomer. How many of us here really have 2 years experience in the industry or have shipped a AAA title?

It would be awesome if Crytek had more entry level positions for those people that lack, or have no industry experience, but still have the talent to contribute to a project. Why shouldn't somebody be able to do what they love just because they haven't had the opportunity to get the experience?

I'd love to be a level artist at Crytek. I would love that job with a passion. The requirements for that kind of position though are just demoralizing.

What really is missing from these posts is "industry experience or equivalent". As you know, many modders (including me) came from Crymod having had no industry experience, but a lot of custom work already done in spare time. It shows you're driven, willing to think outside the box, and require no training with the tools. Although you probably won't get a senior position, an intern/junior/regular position isn't out of the question at all.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community