Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Rush gamemode (flowgraph only)

Gameplay Setup, SP/MP Logic, Audio Setup, AI Logic, Entity Usage, etc.

KillingSpree
Developer
Developer

Rush gamemode (flowgraph only)

Postby KillingSpree » 29.08.2011, 17:23

Hi
Iam makeing a rush mode for C2, similar to the Bad Company rush mode.

Image Image Image

features:
-fully working activating/deactivating system
-the computers can be destoryed with weapons too (but they got a lot of hp)
-red flashing light when activated (not really visible in this video but its working)
-damages player at explosion
-the computers can only be destroyed in the correct order
-each computer got its own spawnpoints for attackers and defenders too (makeing the game going forward)
-currently it works with 4 destroyable computers, but the number can be relatively easily modified
-after destroying the last computer or after a pre set time the game ends with a message "xyz team win" and switches map with "g_nextlevel" command //this one is not tested yet

problems:
-display messages not working ingame (and its full of them in this version. other message nodes dont have enough settings)
-when i tried to export the flowgraph, then my friend imported it, it gave him errors, and things were missing from the flowgraph
-soundeventspots are absolutely not working for me (and for my friend, when he imported it). only if i press the activate in the rollup bar. so no explosion sound, and no "beep-beep-beep" when the bomb is activated
-currently both team can activate and deactivate the bomb
Last edited by KillingSpree on 30.08.2011, 19:18, edited 3 times in total.
XaldiN-76
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Re: Rush gamemode (flowgraph only)

Postby XaldiN-76 » 29.08.2011, 17:54

- Display Messages aren't supposed to be viewed ingame by anyway. Use "Hud:ShowButtonHint" instead, not so bad :unsure:

- Flowgraph problem needs to be more explained and a huger screenshot to check it, anyway I can't guarantee you that I could help because I'm not good with pro Flowgraphs :p

- "Sound:PlaySoundEvent" through FG doesn't work? Give it a try :whistle:

Tell results and Good luck ;)
KillingSpree
Developer
Developer

Postby KillingSpree » 30.08.2011, 19:17

- Display Messages aren't supposed to be viewed ingame by anyway. Use "Hud:ShowButtonHint" instead, not so bad :unsure:

Yeah..i know this now, but its a lot of unnecessary work to make it work nice with "showbuttonhint" (it dont have "position" setting, so i only can use 1 of it at once) and "showsuitmessage" (it dont "position" setting and "hide" option)...i started it.
- Flowgraph problem needs to be more explained and a huger screenshot to check it, anyway I can't guarantee you that I could help because I'm not good with pro Flowgraphs :p

The problem is simply i cant export it without losses. May be with the map itself, but i will play with it later again. Hope that was a one time problem. :baby:
- "Sound:PlaySoundEvent" through FG doesn't work? Give it a try :whistle:

Its done with FG, and not working for me. dont do anything, only if i press the activate in the rollup bar X(
XaldiN-76
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer

Postby XaldiN-76 » 02.09.2011, 02:34

You should assign an entity to the "Sound:PlaySoundEvent" which will the sound comes from it. Have you done that?

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community