Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Ladder Animation Graph

Character and Object Animation Setup. Trackview Cutscenes Setup.

RnBandCrunk
Just getting started
Just getting started

Ladder Animation Graph

Postby RnBandCrunk » 29.12.2011, 16:33

Hello everybody

I've been reading the whole animation graph tutorials.
(http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDO ... +Graph+1.5 with all its subcategories.)

And hell, I don't know where to set up the animation graph for the ladder.
I have done everything in that tutorial but in the end there is one sentence that I don't know how to handle: "The Ladder Climbing setup is now complete. You can save and reload your graph."

Where do I reload the graph? In which .lua file shall I put the name of the LadderClimbing Animation Graph ? Or a better question is, how can I set up when which AnimationGraph has to be used ?

Thank you all very much

RnBandCrunk
Mika
Honourable Member
Honourable Member

Re: Ladder Animation Graph

Postby Mika » 29.12.2011, 22:47

Hi,

in all the FreeSDK versions the animation graphs are automatically reloaded as soon as it is saved, you do not longer manually need to reload it.

You don't, actually, MUSTN'T create a graph JUST for ladder climbing. This needs to be set up inside the graph of your character. Just create a new view and create it in there. Doesn't the SDK already ship with a working ladder setup?

The player.lua file and the BasicActor.lua list the animation graph files loaded for these characters. the player.lua file sets the graph for the player, the BasicActor.lua for all AI. If you create your own AI based on BasicActor.lua, you can of course overwrite the graph property and load different ones depending on your characters.
RnBandCrunk
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby RnBandCrunk » 30.12.2011, 18:11

Thank you very much. But I don't really understand where in the basicactor.lua to put the name of my animationgraph.

As for now, there is no AG for Ladder set up already. When I put a ladder into the map (Entity > Ladder) and I switch to the game, I can't use the ladder. I can't climb it. Then, after I tried to set up an AG for the Ladder, it didn't work neither. So, the only thing that now has to be done by me, is to put somewhere the reference to this laddersetup (.xml file).
And I read your post a few times but in the basicactor.lua there are only the two graphs HumanmaleUpperBody and HumanmaleFullBody.
And if I have to put the LadderSetup.xml let's say a line under those two, how would the variable be named?
For example:
Code: Select all
--BasicActor
BasicActor =
{   
   AnimationGraph = "HumanMaleFullBody.xml",  //<- already preset
   UpperBodyGraph = "humanmaleupperbody.xml", //<- already preset
//LadderGraph = "LadderSetup.xml" --> is this right?
   Properties =...

I don't know if I'm doing it completely wrong but it's very kind of you to help me.
Thank you
Mika
Honourable Member
Honourable Member

Postby Mika » 04.01.2012, 23:04

Hi,
no, you cannot just reference you laddersetup xml file. You cannot load additional graph files.

I am sorry, but you will have to replicate your work inside of the humanmalefullbody.xml graph. Open the AnimationGraph, open the humanmalefullbody and then create a new view. Call it Ladder Setup or whatever name you like. And then create all the states again, like described in the tutorial you followed.
I am sorry, but there is no way you can use your laddersetup xml - you cannot even copy over the content of the xml file in a text editor, because the relevant parts are scattered all over that file.
RnBandCrunk
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby RnBandCrunk » 16.01.2012, 14:04

Thank you very much. I'll test it in the next time, for now I'm very busy with exams so I'll do it probably at the WE.
Thank you anyway.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community