Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Indie Team Looking For More

Looking for a developer to join your team, or want a place to advertise your skills? Look no further!

Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Indie Team Looking For More

Postby Cyguard1 » 18.02.2012, 19:40

Darkstorm Entertainment is graphics design group new to the world of game design. We are a small seven man team that has been working together for almost a year. We are looking for more individuals to help us make a great independent design group and help us grow.

About Us

Darkstorm Entertainment has been working in traditional art design for over fifteen years. Most of our work was freelance designs for local companies, independent magazines, and our own storylines designed as graphic novels and comics. One of our members has recently released his first independant comic and others are soon to follow. We have members from various parts of the world, all working together towards making the move to game design. Some of our members have worked on various mods for games since 2005. Our team is passionate about our project, some have gone through quite a bit to keep it alive, and everyone is supportive of each other and of the project we have planned.

About Our Project

Our project is a first person shooter set in a cyberpunk setting similar to that of Blade Runner, AD Police, and Bubblegum Crisis. As the player you lead a squad of elite soldiers against a cybernetic menace that threatens the fragile world of the near future. The single player game is designed to be episodic in nature, with continued updates as the storyline evolves and the team you lead continues through the story. Multiplayer offers a variety of gameplay features and objectives. The storyline for the game's univers has been fifteen years in the making and as detailed as any mythology you'll find.

Planned Features

• Multiple Level Paths- Offering a "choose your own adventure" type of gameplay
  • Customizable Armor and Weapons- Design your character appearances and weapons to fit your style
  • Character Level Progression- Character development in multiplayer, allowing for more advanced features
  • Skill Sets- Giving you the ability to specialize in a particular skill set in multiplayer

Positions Needed

We are currently seeking qualified members for all positions listed below.

• Level Designer (0)
  • Concept Artist(1)
  • Programmer(1)
  • Character Modeler(1)
  • Environmental Artist (1)
  • Texture Artist (2)
  • Sound Designer (1)

We currently have one concept artist, one scaleform artist, two enviromental artist, one programmer, and one level designer. I myself have been pulling duty on multiple tasks; production lead, writer, concept art, level design, learning modeleing, and texture art. We meet and discuss things involving the game regularly on skype and our forums have recently been opened. We have a game design document completed, an art reference document in the works, and a level design document pending. Anyone intrested can contact me via pm on these forums, our forums, or skype: Sabertalon You can get to our forums by selecting the link in my signature. Thank you for your time and I've added some of our design and concept features below.

Last edited by Cyguard1 on 20.03.2012, 02:34, edited 3 times in total.
Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: Indie Team Looking For More

Postby Cyguard1 » 19.02.2012, 09:27

I've included a video of the terrain that will eventually become the city of Gold Coast. This is the central location for a few of the levels we have planned for the game. We've received some private messages from good people and are reviewing them over the next couple of days.

Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cyguard1 » 02.03.2012, 22:23

Still searching for more members. Please pm me or follow the link in my signature for more information.
Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cyguard1 » 17.03.2012, 20:33

Bumping and adding that we still have plenty of room for more. Contact myself or plumbjet if interested.
Sleepey
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Sleepey » 17.03.2012, 21:16

I messaged you very recently.
"Those who made a peaceful revolution impossible, make a violent revolution inevitable." ~John F. Kennedy

"Child of my enemy, why have you come to me? I offer no forgiveness for a Father's sins."
~Gravemind
Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cyguard1 » 17.03.2012, 22:48

I have sent you an email in regards to your message. I will send a follow up upon receipt of a confirmation from you with the particulars, i.e. game docs etc.
Z_man
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Z_man » 18.03.2012, 04:07

After this terrain video, I have doubts about "fifteen years of experience" to be honest. Where can we see previous works of your teammates?
Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cyguard1 » 18.03.2012, 10:40

Ahhh, AlexCGart. I see you found a new home to troll after being banned from the UDK forums for harrassment of every project that felt they had something to offer. I know your game, I know your style, and I know that this will be the first, and last time I feed you you sniveling lil troll. Now go back to your cave.
Z_man
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Z_man » 18.03.2012, 16:36

O_o
Benji385
Not my first Rodeo
Not my first Rodeo

Postby Benji385 » 18.03.2012, 20:16

Z_man wrote:After this terrain video, I have doubts about "fifteen years of experience" to be honest. Where can we see previous works of your teammates?

Cyguard1 wrote:Ahhh, AlexCGart. I see you found a new home to troll after being banned from the UDK forums for harrassment of every project that felt they had something to offer. I know your game, I know your style, and I know that this will be the first, and last time I feed you you sniveling lil troll. Now go back to your cave.

DUDE!

He just said he wanted to see the work of your other team mates because he has doubts. You may have just burned a relationship with an potential artist that was just asking a question.
Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cyguard1 » 18.03.2012, 20:41

Okay, I can see that this visibly upset some here. Before you damn me for my harsh statement however, understand the reasoning for it. AlexCGart, aka Zman, was a constant thorn in the sides of everyone on the UDK forums. He posted sixty six times and of those, nearl 75% were discouraging or demeaning remarks towards other members.

Example A:
I don't want to say that all who have no concepts or models or in-game screens is just some "i wanna be developer!".
I've question for coders and teams without artists, who said that you can't use models from other games to show your gameplay systme etc.? take UT models, take GoW model of Fenix main hero.. there is many animations with this models. So WHY? you don't use it?

For example (for teams in which is only coders, and they are looking for artists) i can tell you about one of my friends who has made inventory system for CryEngine2 with only Crysis models.. he can do this because he can thinkign! If you will say - "oh.. i can't do it its too hard." WTF!? and you call your self "coders" ???

So, even coders can show something if they want it. IF not, that's mean - they just don't want to work.

This was a constant issue that eventually got him banned from those servers.
Example B:
Tell me, why those people (artists,coders etc.) which you want to use need you in this development??

So if my calling him out and standing against his bs tactics make me a bad person than so be it. As far as burning a relationship with a potential artist, there was never a chance for a relationship with this artist to begin with. He fits into this catagory :

How Your Project Can Survive Poisonous People
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645#

And for your verification of my claims you can view the individuals profile here:
http://forums.epicgames.com/members/1397586-AlexCGart
Benji385
Not my first Rodeo
Not my first Rodeo

Postby Benji385 » 18.03.2012, 21:06

You have a PM.
Z_man
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Z_man » 18.03.2012, 22:12

and again O_o + wow.

@Benji385,
leave him alone, I think this would be safer. ?(
Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cyguard1 » 19.03.2012, 11:03

Initial post updated team requirements.
Cyguard1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Cyguard1 » 20.03.2012, 02:36

We are full on level designers at this time. Thanks to everyone that sent private messages and emails. Other areas are still open.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community