Tactical Expansion (A Crysis Campaign and massive weapon mod

Use this section to show off your CE2 modifications

jupiee
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Tactical Expansion (A Crysis Campaign and massive weapon

Postby jupiee » 05.12.2011, 15:37

I had recently a problem with the mod.

I was in the mine level on the way to the mine and there was the different ammo for the M107.

I took all the 3 different ammo types but it I could use only 1 ammo type,the rest was not shown.
R3DT1D3
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby R3DT1D3 » 18.03.2012, 21:02

[EDIT] Got it working and I was wondering if/what graphics mods I could use in conjunction with this mod.
Kill3rCat
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Kill3rCat » 07.04.2012, 09:59

Yes it looks like a fantastic mod, but I'm having big problems. I install the mod, exactly as specified in the installation guide/readme and done exactly what's said, but when I play the game, A: The AI does not work. I can run around in front of a Koreans face, shoot his kneecaps, and he doesn't even know I'm there. B: The guns have weird names, and sometimes do not spawn at all. For example, the Barrett looks something like @Barrett_M107. Forgive me if I typed this wrong, but it is really bugging me. Also, I go into Sandbox and put the Barrett, SCAR and a few other guns at the beginning of the level, but sometimes they don't even spawn. Can SOMEONE make a youtube video or a guide telling you EXACTLY what to do? :)
Kill3rCat
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Kill3rCat » 07.04.2012, 11:06

Nvm about the names problem, but the AI are still vegetables. I can run up to an enemy, and they won't notice me. I can shoot his mate dead, he still doesn't know I'm there. I can punch him, he doesn't know I'm there.
Kill3rCat
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Kill3rCat » 07.04.2012, 12:15

Also, the gun customization GUI is off the screen. In the screenshots of the mod, the GUI is mainly near the middle, but part of the GUI that says 'Tactikill' is off my screen. Anyone know what is going on?

[Edit: Also several other parts of the GUI are off the screen.]
Kala86
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Kala86 » 05.08.2012, 21:18

I've tried this mod, and wanted to get back here to leave a feedback about it.

First of all, I feel really sorry for all the poor guys for whom the mod doesn't work right. I followed every single step in the readme file and mine got installed well. So I feel sorry for these guys because this mod is probably the best I've ever played !

The first thought that came to my mind while playing this mod was : "Damn, the author must be proud of himself, there's not even a shred of a bug". Reading the error logs, I was affraid the mod would have crashed, and yet I easily finished every level in a row with no bug or crash.

Another point that left me voiceless was how the different weapon customizations really brought, each of them, a new interest in the gameplay. The different smoke grenades give a real tactical opportunites (even though I noticed that sometines AI could actually see you through the smoke, but that doesn't matter), the different ammo types for the SOCOM make it useful (at last !), sniping with the bullet drop and tracer ammos is just as joyful as wiping your ass with silk. Every single detail in this mod is just amazing.

I even found an easter egg left by the author. Of course, in order not to spoil anything, I won't say in which level I found it, and I won't even say what the easter egg is, the author knows what I'm talking about ;)

So, it took me only 4 hours to finish the game with this mod because of how addictive it was, and I didn't even find all of the attachments (didn't find the TAC grenades for the grenade launcher), making this mod by far the best I've ever played.

If I could suggest one thing to the author, probably the only thing left aside and that could be a great idea, it would be to add more scopes. I'm suggesting that because I did it myself once, I had downloaded the CustomAttachmentByVertX and thought they were awesome, but I was also loving the original ACOG look-a-like assault scope, so I decided to integrate VertX's attachments as new attachments, with different properties, and could easily change between an ACOG scope and VertX's Aimpoint sight while on the battlefield.

Also, as the author seems to really know what he is talking about when it comes to military stuff, I'd suggest to rename the Reflex Sight and the Assault Scope into EOTech Sight and ACOG 4X32 scope, since these sights obviously look like an EOTech and an ACOG.

I already applied these two suggestions for my own use on my computer, but I'm suggesting that so other people downloading your wonderful mod could enjoy these names and new scopes on their computers.

Anyway, even without this, this mod is just perfect !
« Will there be an afterlife I wonder ? Choirs of angels ? Or a fiery pit ?
One unlearns these falsehoods over time, but the child who learned to fear hell is never really gone. »
- Jacob Hargreave
dark-nazo
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby dark-nazo » 11.08.2012, 21:45

I don't know how to install this mod :C can someone help me ? :c
xlzqwerty1
Just getting started
Just getting started

Cannot download version 1.1?

Postby xlzqwerty1 » 27.08.2012, 17:21

Since the mod was updated like in july on moddb, it's odd that there was no information posted on this topic in the crydev forums. So now I'm trying to install version 1.1 of this mod, however, the link on moddb leads to gamefront. http://www.gamefront.com/files/22047062
The link works fine, however the download link itself does not. My internet browser says "this webpage is not found" after waiting 5 seconds for the download to start. Could other people confirm this issue, or if anyone who has already downloaded this mod could kindly upload it to another file sharing website so that we have mirrors and more than one link?
dystonic_chops
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby dystonic_chops » 26.09.2012, 02:36

Agreed with Kala86 - this mod is simply fantastic. I found Vanilla Crytek wanting and decided to mod it before completing the single player campaigns (I got the Crysis bundle on Steam). This mod plugged all the holes. It leaves you feeling exactly like the bionically enhanced killing machine you were meant to be and rewards stealth properly. The gory death animations are a plus, too. :evil:

BTW, I think that those having problems are downloading the wrong version. I've got v1.1 and it works fine.

xlzqwerty1 (and all those looking for the latest, working version of the mod) -

TACTICAL EXPANSION v1.1 DOWNLOAD

Happy hunting!
Soul-Reaper
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Soul-Reaper » 27.10.2012, 17:06

I'm new to this and I want to know how to get the mods working. Can someone tell me please?
Soul-Reaper
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Soul-Reaper » 27.10.2012, 17:20

HOW DO YOU GET (INSTALL) MODS TO WORK??? ?(
trongetsoutofsystem
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby trongetsoutofsystem » 28.10.2012, 22:51

well i didnt download this, but if you download the .pak file. place it to Game folder in crysis and it should work. if not, then extract it and place to Mods folder. It should look like this: C:program files/blablabla/Crytek/Crysis/Mods/Name of the mod.. then add to crysis shortcut "-mod Name of the mod"
djhead
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby djhead » 11.12.2012, 20:47

fantastic mod really love it but frame- rates go into the 10s during firefights how can i get better frame-rates because game is almost unplayable unless i sneak around without firing a shot
xXRaz0rh3adXx
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby xXRaz0rh3adXx » 12.12.2012, 02:42

CryStalker
Producer
Producer

Postby CryStalker » 14.12.2012, 22:00

xXRaz0rh3adXx wrote:http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=103142&p=1089054

^^

Don't advertise.
Sometimes the small stuff does matter

Lavizh wrote:This thread is so useless it doesn't even deserve the database space it requires.

/Closed for obvious reasons.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community