Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Terrain Issues seams breaking on map tiles

If you have problems with the Sandbox editor or other provided tools, let us know here.

KingBadger
Developer
Developer

Terrain Issues seams breaking on map tiles

Postby KingBadger » 29.03.2012, 19:29

Hey Guys,

Im having an issue with my test map im building for the community. If you check out the video im posting your see that the terrain every now and then splits in the distance and show the sky through and as you zoom in closer the terrain connects again. Ive been told to play with LOD settings CVARS but the map has issues running as is let alone having to increase Terrain LOD level. Is this a engine issue or is there a way to fix this? Cryengine team would be handy to get a reply on this as want to get it finished tomorrow to release on the forum. Cheers

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCF1tBik ... re=channel
Last edited by KingBadger on 30.03.2012, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Cry-Adam
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member

Re: Terrain Issues seams breaking on map tiles

Postby Cry-Adam » 29.03.2012, 21:50

Hi! What's the size of this level?

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
KingBadger
Developer
Developer

Postby KingBadger » 29.03.2012, 22:02

Hey Ad,

4096x4096 2 metres per pixel. When imported the heightmap as full range it broke immediate. So reduced max range, smoothed with coast effect in terrain editor, and then gave a smooth in terrain editor. THat worked 90% as a fix but as soon as went round the map fixing smooth points on near verticle rock faces the breaking issue started again. I would of liked to have the mountain ranges even more dynamic as original heightmap gave nice hard edges but not a big fan of the smmothed out version. ANyfix help would be appreciated bud; Can send you the map if you want a play as going to be released to forum community anyway.
Cry-Adam
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member

Postby Cry-Adam » 29.03.2012, 23:03

Sure, i couldn't quite see the issue in the video but i think i've seen before what you're referring to.

No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community