Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

AMD graphics card + DX11 crash

If you have problems with the Sandbox editor or other provided tools, let us know here.


 

User avatar
the_grim
Superstar Dolphin
Superstar Dolphin
 
Posts: 9884
Member since: 16.08.2004, 10:46
Location: Finland
Likes: 189

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby the_grim » 13.04.2012, 21:47

My old map opened just fine in DX11, but it's not very massive (only a blank strip of terrain with a couple assets really). Could try legacy drivers since it would be nice to be able to open Forest as well. ;)
Criminal
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer
 
Posts: 608
Member since: 03.08.2007, 05:16
Location: Austin, Texas
Likes: 11

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby Criminal » 13.04.2012, 21:48

hehe all good :)

@KingBadger,

I went over your logs and the problem is actually quite obvious, unfortuantely, there isn't much we can do about it.

You'll see right before you crash in your log that actually mostly everything works until these few shaders...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create pixel shader 'Illum@Common_ZPassPS(82000)(X1)'(0x82000)
Compile Illum@Common_ZPassVS(RT2080000)(MD100)(VS) (39 instructions, 5/13 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Illum@Common_ZPassVS(X1)'(0x0)
Compile Illum@Common_ZPassVS(RT2280100)(VS) (37 instructions, 4/7 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Illum@Common_ZPassVS(X1)'(0x0)
Compile Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(GL400200000)(RT2280104)(MDV1100)(VS) (66 instructions, 4/7 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(400200000)(X1)'(0x400200000)
Compile Vegetation@Common_ZPassPS(GL400200000)(RT2080114)(PS) (15 instructions, 3/3 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create pixel shader 'Vegetation@Common_ZPassPS(400200000)(X1)'(0x400200000)
Compile Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(GL400200000)(RT2080114)(MDV1100)(VS) (67 instructions, 7/12 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(400200000)(X1)'(0x400200000)

These are very bad errors and means something is messing up with either both the Illum and Veg shaders OR with the renderer.

You guys should be ok making new maps etc... but I'm concerned that if you use an asset with this particular shader permuation it might induce crashing.

Anyways not that it's that useful to you just wanted to let you know where it went wrong.
Image
Want to learn the CryENGINE3? Purchase the CryENGINE3 CookBook! https://www.packtpub.com/cryengine-3-cookbook/book
KingBadger
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 279
Member since: 06.09.2011, 14:10
Location: England
Likes: 0

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby KingBadger » 13.04.2012, 21:54

Cry-Criminal wrote:hehe all good :)

@KingBadger,

I went over your logs and the problem is actually quite obvious, unfortuantely, there isn't much we can do about it.

You'll see right before you crash in your log that actually mostly everything works until these few shaders...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create pixel shader 'Illum@Common_ZPassPS(82000)(X1)'(0x82000)
Compile Illum@Common_ZPassVS(RT2080000)(MD100)(VS) (39 instructions, 5/13 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Illum@Common_ZPassVS(X1)'(0x0)
Compile Illum@Common_ZPassVS(RT2280100)(VS) (37 instructions, 4/7 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Illum@Common_ZPassVS(X1)'(0x0)
Compile Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(GL400200000)(RT2280104)(MDV1100)(VS) (66 instructions, 4/7 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(400200000)(X1)'(0x400200000)
Compile Vegetation@Common_ZPassPS(GL400200000)(RT2080114)(PS) (15 instructions, 3/3 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create pixel shader 'Vegetation@Common_ZPassPS(400200000)(X1)'(0x400200000)
Compile Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(GL400200000)(RT2080114)(MDV1100)(VS) (67 instructions, 7/12 constants) ...
[Warning] CHWShader_D3D::mfUploadHW: Could not create vertex shader 'Vegetation@Common_ZPassVS(400200000)(X1)'(0x400200000)

These are very bad errors and means something is messing up with either both the Illum and Veg shaders OR with the renderer.

You guys should be ok making new maps etc... but I'm concerned that if you use an asset with this particular shader permuation it might induce crashing.

Anyways not that it's that useful to you just wanted to let you know where it went wrong.



Cheers Criminal, Think ill leave this build alone in terms of my MountainRange Community map and just stick to the old build for now. Maybe have a play with importing some of my charecters and architecture for testing SSS and Displace.
Criminal
Skilled Developer
Skilled Developer
 
Posts: 608
Member since: 03.08.2007, 05:16
Location: Austin, Texas
Likes: 11

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby Criminal » 13.04.2012, 22:16

I REALLY still think it's worth trying some legacy drivers still!
I'd do it myself if I could! :)
Image
Want to learn the CryENGINE3? Purchase the CryENGINE3 CookBook! https://www.packtpub.com/cryengine-3-cookbook/book
KingBadger
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 279
Member since: 06.09.2011, 14:10
Location: England
Likes: 0

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby KingBadger » 13.04.2012, 22:28

@Criminal, Lol. OK dude; ill eat my takeout and give it a whirl. Im just having a night in as never go into town for a night out on Friday 13th hahaha
SteveUK
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 225
Member since: 25.06.2011, 17:26
Likes: 11

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby SteveUK » 13.04.2012, 22:32

Like I said in the other thread, you can rollback to DX9 by putting "r_driver = DX9" in your system.cfg.
KingBadger
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 279
Member since: 06.09.2011, 14:10
Location: England
Likes: 0

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby KingBadger » 13.04.2012, 22:38

SteveUK wrote:Like I said in the other thread, you can rollback to DX9 by putting "r_driver = DX9" in your system.cfg.


Hahaha, Cheers steve. But beleive it or not in a DX11 update id like to be able to run DX11. Why use the new build if im just going to use dx9 as far as i know the new AI modifier/sss/displace dont work in dx9 anyway. DING DING DING DING, food has arrived. To be continued....
User avatar
Cry-Adam
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member
 
Posts: 11270
Images: 182
Member since: 09.01.2008, 01:11
Location: Crytek HQ
Likes: 845

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby Cry-Adam » 13.04.2012, 23:08

From what i've gathered so far, latest AMD drivers are suffering the issue. I'd really appreciate anyone who can provide some info/logs on an old set of AMD drivers, at least 3-6 months old just so we can get some footing on the issue.

Image
Image
No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
User avatar
VokusX
Not my first Rodeo
Not my first Rodeo
 
Posts: 523
Member since: 18.08.2011, 15:08
Location: Canada
Likes: 2

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby VokusX » 13.04.2012, 23:23

Cry-Adam wrote:From what i've gathered so far, latest AMD drivers are suffering the issue. I'd really appreciate anyone who can provide some info/logs on an old set of AMD drivers, at least 3-6 months old just so we can get some footing on the issue.


I'm doing just that!
[1:49:53 PM] fedayk1ntr: Join the Dark side
[1:50:04 PM} themodman101: You may have cookies, but we have all the milk.
User avatar
Cry-Olli
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member
 
Posts: 67
Member since: 27.08.2010, 00:10
Location: FFM
Likes: 1

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby Cry-Olli » 13.04.2012, 23:25

radeon 6870 here, with 11.11 drivers (november last year, old enough? :)): facing the same dx11 issue (dx9 is fine). editor works until i load a level. attached both log files!
Attachments
Game.log
(39.12 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Editor.log
(51.69 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
User avatar
iniside
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1542
Member since: 27.02.2009, 12:51
Likes: 56

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby iniside » 13.04.2012, 23:27

Cry-Criminal wrote:Seems to be a good deal of problem with the ATI drivers.

Have you guys that run the ATI cards tried any of the legacy drivers? I would like to try to help out but unfortunately I run Nvidia at home.

It always crashes for me while loading windsock.cda If that any help.
My Medieval/Fantasy Houses
Want to support Hi-res, Hi-Quality tileable textures, help me by adding more space to my dropbox account: http://db.tt/icZx0EWa (create you dropbox account from this link).
User avatar
Cry-Adam
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member
 
Posts: 11270
Images: 182
Member since: 09.01.2008, 01:11
Location: Crytek HQ
Likes: 845

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby Cry-Adam » 13.04.2012, 23:31

What happens if you delete that file?

Thanks for the info guys!

Image
Image
No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
User avatar
iniside
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1542
Member since: 27.02.2009, 12:51
Likes: 56

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby iniside » 13.04.2012, 23:35

Cry-Adam wrote:What happens if you delete that file?

Thanks for the info guys!

It load. But Forest level have no assets at all. And in Brushes I don't see anything.
Thus I just edited pak file with 7-zip, so missing assets are probably my fault ;)
My Medieval/Fantasy Houses
Want to support Hi-res, Hi-Quality tileable textures, help me by adding more space to my dropbox account: http://db.tt/icZx0EWa (create you dropbox account from this link).
User avatar
Cry-Adam
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member
 
Posts: 11270
Images: 182
Member since: 09.01.2008, 01:11
Location: Crytek HQ
Likes: 845

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby Cry-Adam » 13.04.2012, 23:37

So the crash is definitely caused by that file, you'd say?

Image
Image
No dev/modding PM's please, use the forums! :)
Achievement Unlocked: Wear the Winter avatar all year.
User avatar
iniside
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1542
Member since: 27.02.2009, 12:51
Likes: 56

Re: DX11 Update doesnt work and crashed my system hard

Postby iniside » 13.04.2012, 23:39

Cry-Adam wrote:So the crash is definitely caused by that file, you'd say?

At least for me. You guys probably can check it better. I look more into it, and look for other assets.
I have Radeon 7850 and newset drivers.
My Medieval/Fantasy Houses
Want to support Hi-res, Hi-Quality tileable textures, help me by adding more space to my dropbox account: http://db.tt/icZx0EWa (create you dropbox account from this link).


 
Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community