Letters Upon A Page

Use this section to show off your CE3 modifications

Calamity Jones
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Re: Letters Upon A Page

Postby Calamity Jones » 23.05.2012, 21:09

hah, the last one is a little crazy :P

I'm certainly going to experiment with skyboxes... They look a great deal better than the distance clouds... and are probably more efficient than the 3D clouds I'm currently using. Cheers :)
Developer of the Letters Upon A Page Sound Design Project.
Take a look at it on my website!
Tom Yum 72
Producer
Producer

Postby Tom Yum 72 » 23.05.2012, 21:28

Calamity Jones wrote:hah, the last one is a little crazy :P

I'm certainly going to experiment with skyboxes... They look a great deal better than the distance clouds... and are probably more efficient than the 3D clouds I'm currently using. Cheers :)

Yes,they having a great effect,especially when they look "real":

http://tomyum72.deviantart.com/gallery/
" Adult Supervision Is Required ! "
ฝันเป็นจริง :) :)
Der_Herm
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby Der_Herm » 23.05.2012, 23:39

Tom Yum 72 wrote:
Der_Herm wrote:Where is Link? :D

cough.... http://www.moddb.com/mods/letters-upon- ... please-100

No I meant like Link..

The Name.

From Zelda
Calamity Jones
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby Calamity Jones » 29.03.2013, 17:10

Good day!

After submitting this project to my university last May, I more-or-less abandoned it - and got drunk instead... Since January, however, I have resumed work on this mod, bringing it closer to what I had originally envisioned - a visual and aural environment that the player can explore, containing a combination of 'dynamic sounds' (sounds created by moving objects and specific events) and ambient sounds (sounds that exist in the world as 'background sounds'). The mod will continue to be mostly non-interactive, containing no enemies to fight, game objectives, or any other 'game element' - but will, however, feature an animated camera sequence containing a number of interesting scripted events, such as a Cybran Monkeylord (from Supreme Commander) laying waste to the Minster!

This mod remains a sound design portfolio, and I intend to use it as a demonstration of my work in sound design for games - with the desired end-result of finding games industry employment... Wish me luck!

I'd like to point out that all of my custom models have been modelled and textured in SketchUp, and exported with PlayUp Tools, and all of the animation has been done with the Track View system - yes, including the Monkeylord's walking animations... (It took quite a while...)

The below screenshots should give you an idea of what to expect in the next update!

These next two screenshots show the new Cloister area, which contains the Day > Night pedestal (the Night > Day pedestal is hidden underground, just in front of the Minster). In the first screenshot, I removed a number of items, and patched up the gaping chasm in the centre for the purpose of the shot - the Cloister actually appears in-game as shown in the second image.

ImageImage

The following three screenshots show the Monkeylord in action - please note that various objects have been hidden in these images to make them slightly prettier - if indeed a giant, six-legged robot can be called 'pretty'... The last shot shows how the Monkeylord appears in the editor - you can see a number of entities, from particle effects, to sound spots, and the sequence camera to the bottom-right.

You guys might be interested in seeing the flowgraph I've made to control the camera sequence - it might give you an indication of the complexity!

01.JPG

Most of the nodes are related to triggering particle effects and sounds... Unfortunately, something within this mass of lines and boxes is causing the mod to crash in full game mode, so it may be some time before the next build is released!

You can find more information about this mod on either my website or the Mod DB profile.
iSqueezee
Producer
Producer

Postby iSqueezee » 29.03.2013, 20:18

Wow. I have forgot about this project. So, now it's taking a Sci-Fi turn?
Kristian Stransky
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby Kristian Stransky » 29.03.2013, 20:23

It has lots of real nice looking stuff!
Nothing is true,everything is permitted.
Calamity Jones
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Postby Calamity Jones » 29.03.2013, 21:02

iSqueezee wrote:Wow. I have forgot about this project. So, now it's taking a Sci-Fi turn?

Well, I was trying to think of things that might make interesting sounds... and, well, giant robots seemed like a good idea! (And a nice contrast with all the relaxing sounds of birds, swaying trees and trickling streams!)

Kristian Stransky wrote:It has lots of real nice looking stuff!

MikeyBeehan
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby MikeyBeehan » 30.12.2013, 01:32

Are you going to re-make this for the new editor?

I love it! :D

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community