Forums Gallery Downloads LOGIN |REGISTER

Single-player Map Infestation (Download Ready!)

Use this section to show off your CE2 levels

NTass94
Just getting started
Just getting started

Single-player Map Infestation (Download Ready!)

Postby NTass94 » 14.06.2012, 18:34

Hello everyone! I am NTass94, formally "TheSwimmer," until my account was appropriately locked for inactivity, I had worked on a level called Infestation for some time during last summer, and during the school year I had to put it off, now that I am off for this summer, I have finished the map. You can find the old forum, with lots of pictures and info, here:

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=81177

The Project DataBase and Download for Infestation can be found here:

http://www.crydev.net/project_db.php?action=project_profile&team_id=2957&project_id=2799

Infestation

What is Infestation
Infestation is a custom map for Crysis 1 that is currently under development by me. Possibly part of a trilogy. So far it is almost done, with a little bit to finish up, and some kinks to work out. This takes place on a different island than the first, and doesn't have much to do with the original story. But it does contain an interesting plot.

Plot

The plot doesn't have anything too fantastic, (I focused on game play more than background story) you go to an island for a secret mission (obviously,) and run into unexpected stuff. I will say that there is some betrayal and vengeance to be had, and aliens may play a role in it all as well.

Game Play
There will be many similar aspects of game play from the original Crysis campaign. There are some linear areas but mostly you have large open areas of island that require you to use some strategy. I've added some new and interesting features via flow-graphs as well, in this level there is an award system according to the number of enemies that you've killed. Many different awards are given if you do good, and completing certain objectives will give you new options that will add to the game.

I've put a few of the images seen in the old thread here, along with a new trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y55Ms4OiU0o

00038.jpg

00034.jpg

00000.jpg

There is one known bug that I found, sometimes a helicopter that is supposed to take off will flip over, just avoid it, and please don't drive it =p

And Now I have finished the map, and I have .rar file ready for the community. Please take note that the name of the file is "islandmission" and please read the readme file. And most importantly...Please enjoy!
Last edited by NTass94 on 14.06.2012, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
SaberJinkuro
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: Single-player Map Infestation (Download Ready!)

Postby SaberJinkuro » 14.06.2012, 19:00

Hi
this looks great ! I would love to try your map unfortunately there is no download button on the project base !
It really looks like a crytek quality map judging from the screens ! Did you include the .cry file ? I always enjoy looking at how a map was made in the editor. Thanks
NTass94
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby NTass94 » 14.06.2012, 19:11

Yes it is all there, CryDev. just has to approve the download link in the project database, and thank you!

EDIT: Download now there!
Alex_11
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Alex_11 » 16.06.2012, 08:40

From the car and tank can not get out.
Sorry for bad English
megalolpronoob
Developer
Developer

Postby megalolpronoob » 16.06.2012, 09:51

Nice map you've got there! :easter:
NTass94
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby NTass94 » 16.06.2012, 17:03

Alex_11 wrote:From the car and tank can not get out.

Uh oh, I'm sorry man, when I played through the level it didn't happen for me, you're free to go into the editor and fiddle around with the flowgraphs that the action filters are contained in. The one for the car would be up on the cliff, and the tank one...well I never made an action filter for the tank, that puzzles me. I'm sorry.
megalolpronoob
Developer
Developer

Postby megalolpronoob » 16.06.2012, 18:28

I played in your map. It's amazing! :)) Nice story and level design, some intersting modification, beautiful ToD!
I make some shots! Thank you for good map! :)
NTass94
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby NTass94 » 16.06.2012, 18:40

Glad you like it!

Connect and collaborate with CRYENGINE developers in the official Forums.
Visit the Gallery to share what you have created and be inspired by what others are creating with CRYENGINE.
Community