Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

Creating Macros commands

Any level design topics should be posted in this forum, including terrain, effects and other related queries.

User avatar KarenWalters
Just getting started
Just getting started

Creating Macros commands

Postby KarenWalters » 23.05.2015, 05:38

I'm trying to create a Macros command for hiding all overlays and stats. I know the command for the display info DisplayInfo=0 and I've made one and toggled the variable so I have a button to turn that on and off on my screen. But I was wondering if there was a way I could toggle both that and every other overlay on/off at once?

What I want to end up with is being able to fly around my level and check things out without the selection overlays on everything getting in the way.
User avatar boogeyman
Junior Dev
Junior Dev

Re: Creating Macros commands

Postby boogeyman » 23.05.2015, 14:09

Are you talking about all the stuff as shown in this pic?

A lot of stuff can be turned off by using the 4th tab in the roll up bar. Since you posted in Sandbox 2 I assume you mean the old Crysis editor.
User avatar KarenWalters
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby KarenWalters » 25.05.2015, 17:32

I wasn't really sure where to post.. sorry I realise now I have the wrong area.. I am using version 3.7 of Sandbox. I would delete this topic but I have no idea how to do that on this forum.

Anyway I'm talking about the area in "Tools" where you can create your own macros commands as buttons. In this case I want to create a togglable button using a console command (if it exists) to hide all that fluro wireframe overlay on your pic. I could go in the 4th tab and do this I realize but I just want one button where I can flick it all on/off and I figured that's what macros commands are for so if it's possible I'd rather do that.
User avatar CollinBishop
Crytek Staff Member
Crytek Staff Member

Postby CollinBishop » 26.05.2015, 00:11

KarenWalters wrote:I wasn't really sure where to post.. sorry I realise now I have the wrong area.. I am using version 3.7 of Sandbox. I would delete this topic but I have no idea how to do that on this forum.

Anyway I'm talking about the area in "Tools" where you can create your own macros commands as buttons. In this case I want to create a togglable button using a console command (if it exists) to hide all that fluro wireframe overlay on your pic. I could go in the 4th tab and do this I realize but I just want one button where I can flick it all on/off and I figured that's what macros commands are for so if it's possible I'd rather do that.

Indeed this is not the correct area. I go over setting up many of them in one button for trackview usage in this thread. Same concept with it compared to what you want with your setup.

viewtopic.php?f=323&t=126929
User avatar KarenWalters
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby KarenWalters » 26.05.2015, 15:12

Thank you this was helpful and I was able to do what I wanted.