Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums


[Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Help others by sharing your tutorials here.


 

User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] Basic Melee Weapon

Postby manuk » 22.08.2016, 23:15

Ljubisa wrote:Hey guess the good thing, I can see the Animation tab again...except everything else..
-Basically restoring to default layout made me lose my **** mind, look at this beautiful thing I like to call my **** luck


your mannequin windows dont look good as default.

like i said :

on cryengine 5:
- try to "Layout" > "Reset Layout" and strech the mannequin window from min to max.
on EaaS:
- try to "View" > "Layout" > "Restore Default Layout" and strech the mannequin window from min to max.

im really sorry for you and i know this mannequin windows bug can be really annoying, but you have to try again and again.... ( its cryengine ! )
or bug reports to new post, im not a crytek member and this is not a "mannequin bug" topic :P
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] Basic Melee Weapon

Postby Ljubisa » 23.08.2016, 12:29

manuk wrote:
Ljubisa wrote:Hey guess the good thing, I can see the Animation tab again...except everything else..
-Basically restoring to default layout made me lose my **** mind, look at this beautiful thing I like to call my **** luck


your mannequin windows dont look good as default.

like i said :

on cryengine 5:
- try to "Layout" > "Reset Layout" and strech the mannequin window from min to max.
on EaaS:
- try to "View" > "Layout" > "Restore Default Layout" and strech the mannequin window from min to max.

im really sorry for you and i know this mannequin windows bug can be really annoying, but you have to try again and again.... ( its cryengine ! )
or bug reports to new post, im not a crytek member and this is not a "mannequin bug" topic :P



Luckily I fixed it by removing the entire registry data from CryEngine,it works now..I've implemented it
Oh and I tested it just now, it umm..doesn't look like it should


EDIT* I fixed the first person animations, it looks ok..but still the thirdperson shows a tpose, not default running animations etc.. ANOTHER EDIT* I just noticed that in the firs person animations also there are no walking/ running or any other animation going on except that idle pose, how can we fix that or is there going to be a Chapter 3 maybe or something ?
Attachments
3.JPG
2.JPG
Capture.JPG
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] Basic Melee Weapon

Postby manuk » 23.08.2016, 15:21

Ljubisa wrote:EDIT* I fixed the first person animations, it looks ok..but still the thirdperson shows a tpose, not default running animations etc.. ANOTHER EDIT* I just noticed that in the firs person animations also there are no walking/ running or any other animation going on except that idle pose, how can we fix that or is there going to be a Chapter 3 maybe or something ?

This tutorial is really basic tutorial, showing only the minimum setup, but for a complete weapon setup you have to create lot of others fragments in mannequin editor.
I can not do all fragments its too long and it depend of your weapon and needs.


Animation for third person view and for the legs of first person view are setup in the "SDK_playerPreview3P"

you have to create fragments like you did in "SDK_playerPreview1P" and put the animations on it.

Basic setup and minimum fragments for third person:

- Open mannequin
- Load preview setup "SDK_playerPreview3P.xml"
Untitled-7.jpg
- Create a fragment in the ID "melee" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on "Torso3p"
01.jpg
- Create a fragment in the ID "MotionIdle" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on it
02.jpg
- Create a fragment in the ID "MotionTurn" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on it
03.jpg
- Create a fragment in the ID "MotionMovement" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on it

You ll see your animations but with no legs animations, thats because you have to add a "BlendSpace" animation.
( I suggest you to use the pistols BSpace animations, it should working fine )

Example, for ID "MotionMovement":

- Open the fragment "SDKPistol" in the ID "MotionMovement"
- Copy BSpace animation "stand_tac_move_pistol_3p_01" from layer 1
Untitled-2.jpg
- Paste it in your "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" fragment on layer 1 and your animation "stand_tac_idlepose_meleeweapontuto_1p" on layer 2
Untitled-3.jpg
now the layer 1 will move the legs of your player and the layer 2 will play your animation on it.

Do the same for all fragments needed ( open the pistol fragment, look how its work, copy and paste, etc... )

-> now your character should play those fragment on TP and FP :easter:


Maybe i ll do a chapter 3 for thirst person somedays, but like i said, this is long... you can look the others weapons, its good examples.
For info, because there is no docs, i discover all those stuffs by myself, just by studying other weapons and try.
So.. if i did it, you can do it too ! :P
Cryengine mannequin editor is really powerfull but huge, dont expect any tutorial showing all, its just impossible.
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] Basic Melee Weapon

Postby Ljubisa » 23.08.2016, 20:24

manuk wrote:
Ljubisa wrote:EDIT* I fixed the first person animations, it looks ok..but still the thirdperson shows a tpose, not default running animations etc.. ANOTHER EDIT* I just noticed that in the firs person animations also there are no walking/ running or any other animation going on except that idle pose, how can we fix that or is there going to be a Chapter 3 maybe or something ?

This tutorial is really basic tutorial, showing only the minimum setup, but for a complete weapon setup you have to create lot of others fragments in mannequin editor.
I can not do all fragments its too long and it depend of your weapon and needs.


Animation for third person view and for the legs of first person view are setup in the "SDK_playerPreview3P"

you have to create fragments like you did in "SDK_playerPreview1P" and put the animations on it.

Basic setup and minimum fragments for third person:

- Open mannequin
- Load preview setup "SDK_playerPreview3P.xml"
The attachment Untitled-7.jpg is no longer available
- Create a fragment in the ID "melee" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on "Torso3p"
The attachment 01.jpg is no longer available
- Create a fragment in the ID "MotionIdle" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on it
The attachment 02.jpg is no longer available
- Create a fragment in the ID "MotionTurn" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on it
The attachment 03.jpg is no longer available
- Create a fragment in the ID "MotionMovement" with the tag "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" and put your animation on it

You ll see your animations but with no legs animations, thats because you have to add a "BlendSpace" animation.
( I suggest you to use the pistols BSpace animations, it should working fine )

Example, for ID "MotionMovement":

- Open the fragment "SDKPistol" in the ID "MotionMovement"
- Copy BSpace animation "stand_tac_move_pistol_3p_01" from layer 1
The attachment Untitled-2.jpg is no longer available
- Paste it in your "SDLMeleeWeaponTuto" fragment on layer 1 and your animation "stand_tac_idlepose_meleeweapontuto_1p" on layer 2
The attachment Untitled-3.jpg is no longer available
now the layer 1 will move the legs of your player and the layer 2 will play your animation on it.

Do the same for all fragments needed ( open the pistol fragment, look how its work, copy and paste, etc... )

-> now your character should play those fragment on TP and FP :easter:


Maybe i ll do a chapter 3 for thirst person somedays, but like i said, this is long... you can look the others weapons, its good examples.
For info, because there is no docs, i discover all those stuffs by myself, just by studying other weapons and try.
So.. if i did it, you can do it too ! :P
Cryengine mannequin editor is really powerfull but huge, dont expect any tutorial showing all, its just impossible.



It's kind of weird, anyways man..thanks so much for this tutorial, you are a **** god!
-Whenever you decide to do the third chapter, I'm gonna stick with it no matter the length..!!

Thanks so much !!
Attachments
2.JPG
Capture.JPG
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 23.08.2016, 21:13

it seems your animation got trouble, it look like you created animation key on foot bone... redo idlepose in max and re-export ^^
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby Ljubisa » 23.08.2016, 23:07

manuk wrote:it seems your animation got trouble, it look like you created animation key on foot bone... redo idlepose in max and re-export ^^


There was one keyfame on the foot, I deleted it..it did nothing, all the same, hey listen man..I am so damn grateful for this thopic, I don't want to bother you anymore, if you ever decide to make chapter 3, I'll tune in to that, I don't want to waste your time here :D

Edit..I just looked at our join dates, bellow he profile pic..it's **** creepy how close they actually are... lol

Thanks !
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 24.08.2016, 03:06

dont give up :p
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar waveroaming
Just getting started
Just getting started
 
Posts: 46
Member since: 08.11.2014, 17:16
Likes: 7

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby waveroaming » 24.08.2016, 22:45

@manuk

Do you have a C# version of the flowgraph mouse interaction ?
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 25.08.2016, 04:25

waveroaming wrote:@manuk
Do you have a C# version of the flowgraph mouse interaction ?

nop, but the FG version working perfectly. ( tested on final game )
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar waveroaming
Just getting started
Just getting started
 
Posts: 46
Member since: 08.11.2014, 17:16
Likes: 7

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby waveroaming » 25.08.2016, 12:54

manuk wrote:
waveroaming wrote:@manuk
Do you have a C# version of the flowgraph mouse interaction ?

nop, but the FG version working perfectly. ( tested on final game )

If i expand FG to manage lot of inputs and do lot more things C# would be better.
Most users are focused on FG and C++ , they didn't jump on C#train, i am wandering if C# will get more attention ?
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby Ljubisa » 25.08.2016, 13:09

waveroaming wrote:
manuk wrote:
waveroaming wrote:@manuk
Do you have a C# version of the flowgraph mouse interaction ?

nop, but the FG version working perfectly. ( tested on final game )

If i expand FG to manage lot of inputs and do lot more things C# would be better.
Most users are focused on FG and C++ , they didn't jump on C#train, i am wandering if C# will get more attention ?


Do you have that problem that I had (pics above), if you did and fixed it, can you please tell me how, it's really strange why that happens
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 25.08.2016, 14:36

Ljubisa wrote:Do you have that problem that I had (pics above), if you did and fixed it, can you please tell me how, it's really strange why that happens


the problem with the foot ?

i told you, i seems you have a key on foot bone on your animation.

delete it ( go in figure mode,go out figure mode,etc... ) and re-export the animation.

if not, i dont know, try to re-do the idlepose and the animation and be sure there is no key or foot bones or legs bones.
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby Ljubisa » 26.08.2016, 12:50

manuk wrote:
Ljubisa wrote:Do you have that problem that I had (pics above), if you did and fixed it, can you please tell me how, it's really strange why that happens


the problem with the foot ?

i told you, i seems you have a key on foot bone on your animation.

delete it ( go in figure mode,go out figure mode,etc... ) and re-export the animation.

if not, i dont know, try to re-do the idlepose and the animation and be sure there is no key or foot bones or legs bones.



I am 100% sure that I don't have no keyframes on the foot bones, only on arm..I tried doing it like three times now from the start, and still, legs messed up+pointing in the different direction + Third person looks to the right while walking forward+ Messed up animations ofc ,it's really bugging me out, like why ?!?!?! :'(

I think I know what the problem is, when you uncheck the "additive" from the animation, it goes back up to standing on foot, rather than half the model being underground.. so I think the legs, with the pistol layer added, try to stay on the ground, when the model goes bellow ground, cause of that above layer..
-it's a messy sentence, don't know how to explain it, but yeah..no KEYFRAMES ON FOOT BONES, and **** my life, again.
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 26.08.2016, 15:00

Ljubisa wrote:I am 100% sure that I don't have no keyframes on the foot bones, only on arm..I tried doing it like three times now from the start, and still, legs messed up+pointing in the different direction + Third person looks to the right while walking forward+ Messed up animations ofc ,it's really bugging me out, like why ?!?!?! :'(

I think I know what the problem is, when you uncheck the "additive" from the animation, it goes back up to standing on foot, rather than half the model being underground.. so I think the legs, with the pistol layer added, try to stay on the ground, when the model goes bellow ground, cause of that above layer..
-it's a messy sentence, don't know how to explain it, but yeah..no KEYFRAMES ON FOOT BONES, and **** my life, again.


yeah hard to say....

maybe send me your max file and i ll take a look.
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby Ljubisa » 26.08.2016, 16:00

manuk wrote:
Ljubisa wrote:I am 100% sure that I don't have no keyframes on the foot bones, only on arm..I tried doing it like three times now from the start, and still, legs messed up+pointing in the different direction + Third person looks to the right while walking forward+ Messed up animations ofc ,it's really bugging me out, like why ?!?!?! :'(

I think I know what the problem is, when you uncheck the "additive" from the animation, it goes back up to standing on foot, rather than half the model being underground.. so I think the legs, with the pistol layer added, try to stay on the ground, when the model goes bellow ground, cause of that above layer..
-it's a messy sentence, don't know how to explain it, but yeah..no KEYFRAMES ON FOOT BONES, and **** my life, again.


yeah hard to say....

maybe send me your max file and i ll take a look.



This is an old one, but it's the only one I have saved, I'm not sure if that is the one where I found that one key on the foot, it's not probably..Just a shabby animation to test out that theory..


http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/pZGlAQDi/file.html
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!


cron