Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums


[Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Help others by sharing your tutorials here.


 

User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 26.08.2016, 18:26

Ljubisa wrote:This is an old one, but it's the only one I have saved, I'm not sure if that is the one where I found that one key on the foot, it's not probably..Just a shabby animation to test out that theory..
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/pZGlAQDi/file.html


ok , i think the problem come from the "_Locator_Locomotion"

for weapon animations it should be at position 0,0,0 with no rotation .
and it shouldn't have "_" in begin of the name.
Untitled-1.jpg
align it, rename it "Locator_Locomotion", and re-export the idlepose and the animations.
Untitled-2.jpg
and all should be allright now. :easter:
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby Ljubisa » 27.08.2016, 13:11

manuk wrote:
Ljubisa wrote:This is an old one, but it's the only one I have saved, I'm not sure if that is the one where I found that one key on the foot, it's not probably..Just a shabby animation to test out that theory..
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/pZGlAQDi/file.html


ok , i think the problem come from the "_Locator_Locomotion"

for weapon animations it should be at position 0,0,0 with no rotation .
and it shouldn't have "_" in begin of the name.
Untitled-1.jpg
align it, rename it "Locator_Locomotion", and re-export the idlepose and the animations.
Untitled-2.jpg
and all should be allright now. :easter:



Thank you so much, now can I tart making my own Animations, crouch, run etc ?
-I just implement them in the anim layer, but first I import it with the character tool, is that the right path to go, or ?

I just want to focus on the basic animations, jut like crouch and running animation and can I create my own walking animation, cause this one with the pistol layer loos really derpy haha
I don't thin it will be that simple..
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 28.08.2016, 22:56

Ljubisa wrote:Thank you so much, now can I tart making my own Animations, crouch, run etc ?
-I just implement them in the anim layer, but first I import it with the character tool, is that the right path to go, or ?

I just want to focus on the basic animations, jut like crouch and running animation and can I create my own walking animation, cause this one with the pistol layer loos really derpy haha
I don't thin it will be that simple..


for motions animations ( walking, running,etc.. ) i think you have to create BlenSpace animations ( but i never did it )

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC2/Blend+Spaces

good luck ^^
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar Ljubisa
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 412
Images: 4
Member since: 13.06.2013, 19:55
Likes: 16

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby Ljubisa » 29.08.2016, 00:45

manuk wrote:
Ljubisa wrote:Thank you so much, now can I tart making my own Animations, crouch, run etc ?
-I just implement them in the anim layer, but first I import it with the character tool, is that the right path to go, or ?

I just want to focus on the basic animations, jut like crouch and running animation and can I create my own walking animation, cause this one with the pistol layer loos really derpy haha
I don't thin it will be that simple..


for motions animations ( walking, running,etc.. ) i think you have to create BlenSpace animations ( but i never did it )

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC2/Blend+Spaces

good luck ^^


Well that got rid of my hope quickly ...no way I'm gonna figure that out haha, thanks for guiding me so far Manuk
Life is more fun,when there is a certain someone,or a risk involved!
User avatar nightwisher
Just getting started
Just getting started
 
Posts: 17
Member since: 23.09.2016, 08:19
Likes: 1

that is great but i got some question~~

Postby nightwisher » 23.09.2016, 08:42

i have a lot of melee attack animation for 3p .but not all of them can work when i replace it to the ai melee mannequin

for example i give "stand_tac_melee_rifle_3p_02" animation to AI's melee attack then he can use this animation and hit you
but if i give "stand_tac_meleeshort_rifle_3p_02"animation to it . the ai wil play the animation but he can never hit you

i don't know why..maybe i should do something to that animation to make it detect the collision
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: that is great but i got some question~~

Postby manuk » 23.09.2016, 12:19

nightwisher wrote:i have a lot of melee attack animation for 3p .but not all of them can work when i replace it to the ai melee mannequin

for example i give "stand_tac_melee_rifle_3p_02" animation to AI's melee attack then he can use this animation and hit you
but if i give "stand_tac_meleeshort_rifle_3p_02"animation to it . the ai wil play the animation but he can never hit you

i don't know why..maybe i should do something to that animation to make it detect the collision

yeah, you have to add a "MeleeHit" event on your animation.
example:
Untitled-1.jpg

PS: this tutorial is for player only
for AIs you should try: https://www.cryengine.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=291&t=127941
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar AdroV19
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 472
Images: 2
Member since: 28.12.2012, 14:05
Location: Ukraine
Likes: 107

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby AdroV19 » 28.09.2016, 16:17

I have no animations. I make like in tutorial, but no hands on screen... Whats can be wrong?

User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 28.09.2016, 17:29

AdroV19 wrote:I have no animations. I make like in tutorial, but no hands on screen... Whats can be wrong?



i dont know, impossible to say with only this video dont showing anything.. :unsure:

1 - At end of Chapter 1, did you saw your weapon on FP and TP with the pistol idlepose ? ( like in my video )

2 - Did you achieved all the Chapter 2 ? -> did you setted up the mannequin and the weapon script with the same "tag" ?
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar AdroV19
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 472
Images: 2
Member since: 28.12.2012, 14:05
Location: Ukraine
Likes: 107

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby AdroV19 » 28.09.2016, 18:37

manuk wrote:
AdroV19 wrote:I have no animations. I make like in tutorial, but no hands on screen... Whats can be wrong?



i dont know, impossible to say with only this video dont showing anything.. :unsure:

1 - At end of Chapter 1, did you saw your weapon on FP and TP with the pistol idlepose ? ( like in my video )

2 - Did you achieved all the Chapter 2 ? -> did you setted up the mannequin and the weapon script with the same "tag" ?


1- Yes

2 - Yes.

I made all the same and it does not work. I'll try again, but I think it is useless.
User avatar AdroV19
Regular Dev
Regular Dev
 
Posts: 472
Images: 2
Member since: 28.12.2012, 14:05
Location: Ukraine
Likes: 107

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby AdroV19 » 28.09.2016, 21:26

I did it again, but the same thing. I do not understand what the problem is.
User avatar manuk
Producer
Producer
 
Posts: 1265
Images: 8
Member since: 03.06.2013, 19:50
Location: Paris, France
Likes: 306

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby manuk » 28.09.2016, 23:29

AdroV19 wrote:I did it again, but the same thing. I do not understand what the problem is.

sorry but i cant help you without more details...

maybe post a screenshot of you mannequin editor on IdlePose, should look like this:Image
and your weaponscript
No PMs for help plz, use the forums.
Image
User avatar camhozouri
Just getting started
Just getting started
 
Posts: 61
Member since: 25.06.2014, 04:32
Likes: 3

Re: [Tutorial] "Basic Melee Weapon" for player

Postby camhozouri » 19.11.2016, 21:33

Could we use this tutorial for a gun in the game and set the mouse click to shooting animation.