Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

melee\ranged attack on custom AI[SOLVED]

Please use this forum for questions on C++, Lua, XML, and any other languages used in CryENGINE development.

User avatar pamy88
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Re: melee\ranged attack on custom AI

Postby pamy88 » 26.10.2012, 01:39

Hi feith...thank you that works!!!but there is something strange, I ll explain a little better:

I did create a new AI equipment, only claw for my custom, and the default AI equip for the grunt; I did notice that every time I retry to simulate with AI\phys button something changes..in some case custom runs towards of grunt but doesnt attack or attacks him after about 10 sec, in other cases the grunt ignores scar and run towards of custom but doesnt attack(no melee, no scar, he simply runs), again in other cases grunt tries to escape and custom follows him or stands still, sometimes they run towards of themselves without attack!

...fortunately sometimes it's all right but If I want to make some battle simulation in background(custscene) this could be a problem..Is that normal for you?If I remember correctly in modsdk AI\physics simulation between entity works better!!

Maybe If I export my melee animation as a upperbodyanim could be better.

Btw this is the error messages I can see in the console during the weird simulations!

[Error] Failed to locate 'atttarget'

[Warning] Invalid Animation
ID:-1[File=objects/characters/skeleton_hydralisk/skeleton_hydralisk.chr]

Anyway thank you!
User avatar pamy88
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby pamy88 » 27.10.2012, 03:03

sorry!I ve asked too much :-) The topic for which I openened this thread has been largely solved thanks to you help, I'll leave you a couple of thought in case you have time...

1)is it normal that sometimes AI seems a little bit stupid and there is a way to improve it?
2)If I would use a "only ranged attack" on another custom(like a spit quill), I ve to create a new custom weapon(invisible) but I ve to put my bullet spawn near char's mouth, does make sense?

Thank you!!
User avatar faith113
Regular Dev
Regular Dev

Postby faith113 » 27.10.2012, 21:46

1. Of course. Make it smarter ;)
2. I would create a new thread with this question.
User avatar pamy88
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby pamy88 » 28.10.2012, 22:31

1)Make it smarter?:-) I ll try!
2)maybe is better open another one

Thank you for all!!!you saved me!