Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

[PAID] Hiring Coder to Develop Narrative Adventure.

Looking for a developer to join your team, or want a place to advertise your skills? Look no further!

User avatar pixelperfectpolygons
Just getting started
Just getting started

[PAID] Hiring Coder to Develop Narrative Adventure.

Postby pixelperfectpolygons » 30.12.2016, 18:23

Hello interested parties!

We're developing a small scale narrative adventure called "Moonscape" that will be roughly two hours in length via CryEngine. You would be responsible for gameplay elements like opening doors, movement, cueing audio tracks, and setting up dialog trees. The story is about an astronaut in space having a long conversation with his daughter while he explores the surface of the moon for NASA. There is obviously more to it but we wouldn't like to ruin it. :)

User avatar pixelperfectpolygons
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: [PAID] Hiring Coder to Develop Narrative Adventure.

Postby pixelperfectpolygons » 31.01.2017, 19:48

Still looking to hire folks. Once again this is a paid position. If we can't find someone we'll have to move development over to Unreal I guess.

User avatar ivanhawkes
Regular Dev
Regular Dev

Re: [PAID] Hiring Coder to Develop Narrative Adventure.

Postby ivanhawkes » 01.02.2017, 19:55

I'm actually too busy to apply for such a position but, you might be interested in my work

For the last 2.5 years I've been working on writing a toolkit for action RPG style games. The first goal is to be able to make a narrative driven game such as you are writing. I'm still a ways off delivering that code, but there is a decent amount of work done.

I'm slowly working towards having a character who can move around the world space and interact with various objects.

You can check out the work so far at https://github.com/ivanhawkes/Chrysalis. It's all BSD code, except for any CryTek remnants, which should be pretty easy to re-write if needed. As it stands, you can move around - though turning is a bit shite, and interact with various objects like doors, flashlights, etc. More work will come in time.

If you can find yourself a programmer who knows CryEngine pretty well, and is willing to hack on the code I've written, you will be a pretty long way towards your goal.