Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

Problem with ai dying in casus belli mod there invincible

Seeking artificial intelligence? Waypoint queries? Post it here!

User avatar gfdg4
Just getting started
Just getting started

Problem with ai dying in casus belli mod there invincible

Postby gfdg4 » 25.06.2015, 04:14

Hi. With the casus belli mod that you can download from mod database, both friendly ai and enemy ai wont die, no matter how long you shoot them. They must of done something in the files to make it like that as crisis wars is absolutely fine, at first I thought it was the ai health so I put both sides of ai to 1 hp in there database, still didn't die. What exactly what setting in there files do I need to change to make them die and have the same amount of hits in crisis wars. They changed something in the file structure making them invincible but im not sure what. Im not sure what to change, any suggestions? Or why this is happening with there mod in the editor? Thanks
User avatar calmdev
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Problem with ai dying in casus belli mod there invincibl

Postby calmdev » 25.06.2015, 06:04

is goliath mode enabled? search it in the cvars
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”

– John Wooden

User avatar gfdg4
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby gfdg4 » 25.06.2015, 07:12

Where abouts is this located, also did you mean to do it in the editor I tried that but it didn't work, I heard its only for vehicle invincibility. If its in the file structure tell me where its located and ill take a look unless you meant the editor.

Also one last problem, everytime you get them to fight eachother they allways use there fists up and just stare at eachother or circle eachother, they don't use there weapon equipment. The only way I got it once working for them to shoot eachother was copy some of crisis wars files over casus belli, and they were fine, another way is also using a flowgraph to get them to take there weapon out which also works but I don't wanna do that for each soldier. Also when I copied the files over they actually died but they die very buggy and not right, and have and would allways have to click reload on them to refresh the dead soldier because there body doesn't refresh when you get back out of the editor, theres gotta be a way to fix this mod. I just don't know what they have changed
User avatar calmdev
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby calmdev » 25.06.2015, 08:09

Ah yeah I think it was just for vehicles but If an AI was in a vehicle they would also be invinsible and this is a global cvar. I havn't played this mod but have you tried it in the launcher game mode (not editor) playing a mod in the editor may make some things no work correctly, Other than that I got no idea.
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”

– John Wooden

User avatar RaZoR-FIN
Producer
Producer

Postby RaZoR-FIN » 26.06.2015, 03:36

Casus Belli wasn't a singleplayer modification so obviously they didn't care about the actors' ability to have support for AI running, there are major class changes in the code.
User avatar gfdg4
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby gfdg4 » 31.07.2015, 08:04

Is there any way to make this working at all? Why did they release the sdk tools? Anyway I hope someone has a work around. The only way is to port it to crisis wars and avoid the major class changes so we can activate the ai to move etc. I ask for someone to successfully test porting the characters, guns, and vehicles and levels into crisis wars. And tell me what order you put them in (the files), every time I port characters there textures are missing, I don't know why. But the vehicles and weapons are fine, not to mention you get a few errors of fx missing from casus belli maps when you port it. I know theres a work around but im not sure what it is what order, maybe someone post a youtube video of you successfully doing it if anyone can be botherd :( You can download the mod from here and sdk too: http://www.moddb.com/mods/casus-belli Im willing to donate $100 to who can whoever successfully port them, but you have to have paypal