Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

Console commands saved in Flowgraph doesn´t work in-game?

Gameplay Setup, SP/MP Logic, Audio Setup, AI Logic, Entity Usage, etc.

User avatar Talvipakkanen
Executive Producer
Executive Producer

Re: Console commands saved in Flowgraph doesn´t work in-game

Postby Talvipakkanen » 13.11.2011, 23:16

iSqueezee wrote:
Hamers wrote:
as i said before, it says "[warning] Unknow command = r_HDRLevel 5"

Then the CVar is locked and can not be altered ingame. There is also no devmode ingame.

which means there is no way to make it possible 8o seems like my mod will not be as good as i thought :( and, is it possible to place "system.cfg" into the mod folder and make it working in-game?

It will work, but same limitations apply. Circumventing locked features is not possible.
Zip-line release 2012-04-24 (for CE2 & CE3) · C1 mod project: A mod called Entry
Assets · Blender: Destroyable object tutorial for CryBlend

- currently lost in New Eden -
User avatar mastersync23
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby mastersync23 » 14.11.2011, 04:01

Just for reference, if you were to place a Game:Start node and link it to an Debug:ExecuteString node that would execute the console command "t_scale 0.5", for instance, would that work in-game?

If not, is there another way to create slow motion at all?

Just wondering, I figured this could be solved without creating another topic.
User avatar promuckaj
Producer
Producer

Postby promuckaj » 14.11.2011, 10:28

mastersync23 wrote:Just for reference, if you were to place a Game:Start node and link it to an Debug:ExecuteString node that would execute the console command "t_scale 0.5", for instance, would that work in-game?

If not, is there another way to create slow motion at all?

Just wondering, I figured this could be solved without creating another topic.

This command should work, since I use it(t_scale) in my mod and it works like a charm.
User avatar iSqueezee
Producer
Producer

Postby iSqueezee » 14.11.2011, 19:07

Oh yeah. I saw it in your´s flowgraph. you´ve used String:SetString and not Debug:Execute like me. So, if i put String:SetString, it should work? i could sent you mine flowgraph that include " console commands" only and you will help me to get it working? cuz t_scale doesnt work in game, like r_HDRLevel 5 etc.. so, if you could help me to make these commands working? ;) please

btw, here are screens from flowgraph and second screen is only with commands

using method "Game:StartGame->Debug:ExecuteString (i dont know the debug node exactly)

and here is a video (taken from Editor, there commands work cuz of developer mode)

User avatar Spify
Regular Dev
Regular Dev

Postby Spify » 14.11.2011, 19:37

ExecuteString I don't think it's the right way to go. You should use Debug:ConsoleVariable where Cvar = t_scale and value = 0.5 for example.
User avatar iSqueezee
Producer
Producer

Postby iSqueezee » 14.11.2011, 19:51

so, if i will do that. all commands will work in-game? and, what should export when the flowgraph will be done?
User avatar promuckaj
Producer
Producer

Postby promuckaj » 14.11.2011, 20:42

iSqueezee wrote:Oh yeah. I saw it in your´s flowgraph. you´ve used String:SetString and not Debug:Execute like me. So, if i put String:SetString, it should work? i could sent you mine flowgraph that include " console commands" only and you will help me to get it working? cuz t_scale doesnt work in game, like r_HDRLevel 5 etc.. so, if you could help me to make these commands working? ;) please

btw, here are screens from flowgraph and second screen is only with commands

using method "Game:StartGame->Debug:ExecuteString (i dont know the debug node exactly)

and here is a video (taken from Editor, there commands work cuz of developer mode)

I use Debug:ExecuteString node a lot, for t_scale command working like a charm in my mod.

The point is, best option(dynamic) is to use Debug:ConsoleVariable node, but there is some bug with this node and, for example, if I use "r_HDRBloomMul" command, it is not working in this node, but it is working great in Debug:ExecuteString, so it is so disturbing, and because of that I always first just try it and later, in 90% case I use Debug:ExecuteString. :mad:

This is huge BUG and I am sure Crytek already know this, but unfortunately still no update for us. :(

@ Cry-Spify
...and you suggest node "Debug:ConsoleVariable". c c c
User avatar iSqueezee
Producer
Producer

Postby iSqueezee » 14.11.2011, 21:07

i did 3 different versions with the console commands.. using "Debug:executeString" "String:SetString" and "Debug"ConsoleVariable"... the last console_varriable, i did now. so, im going to test it in-game :))
User avatar iSqueezee
Producer
Producer

Postby iSqueezee » 14.11.2011, 21:28

actually, the Debug:ConsoleVariable doesnt work in editor! LOL :D
User avatar wootwoots
Producer
Producer

Postby wootwoots » 23.11.2011, 02:53

Cry-Spify wrote:ExecuteString I don't think it's the right way to go. You should use Debug:ConsoleVariable where Cvar = t_scale and value = 0.5 for example.

well depend.

As exemple you cant make the r_drawnearfov cvar work in pure game with the consolevariable node, but it will work like a charm with the Debug:ExecuteString.

that mean you have a higher chance to get Cvar work in pure game with the ExecuteString. but still 95% of the Cvar are locked in pure game....

If saddly they still didnt work in pure game with the execute string or when you put then in a autoexec.cfg ..... harass crytek to get a Cvar unlock :p
User avatar iSqueezee
Producer
Producer

Postby iSqueezee » 23.11.2011, 14:52

:)) thx, i´ve actually got alot of console commands working in-game. such as "r_HDRLevel" etc.. now, im working on a "cheats". like "ai_ignoreplayer 1". switchable when you press a key. i hope its working :))
User avatar Mr.Energy
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby Mr.Energy » 13.08.2017, 17:54

are there any methods in 2017 to get cvar´s working ?!

Time : 0.282s | 36 Queries | GZIP : Off