Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

Problem with AnimObject

Gameplay Setup, SP/MP Logic, Audio Setup, AI Logic, Entity Usage, etc.

User avatar gigilulu
Just getting started
Just getting started

Problem with AnimObject

Postby gigilulu » 10.12.2016, 17:57

Hi Guys,

I can't figure out what's wrong with some animations on an anim object; the default anim makes the object disappear, and the same with some other animations; however, other animations are playing correctly; all the animations were exported at the same time and with the same objects and hyerarchy, TCB controllers and using the same naming conventions. Can anyone help ?

Thanx,
A
User avatar Creating1
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Re: Problem with AnimObject

Postby Creating1 » 10.12.2016, 23:43

what software are you using to create the animation?
The default animation is normally the first animation with the object you have made.
Make sure that theres a dummy helper and attach all animations object to the dummy helper.
double check all objects are tcb for what ever movement your doing. move, rotate and scale.
check these may help.

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... Animations
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... ed+Physics
It's Minutes to Midnight
User avatar gigilulu
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby gigilulu » 12.12.2016, 13:47

It would be difficult to attach all the objects directly to the helper, as the animation I have is hyerarchy dependent (sort of robotic arm); I'm using max, already double checked the controllers for a dozen of times, and the real strange thing is that some animations look perfectly ok (even the default animation - for another similar object - which in this case is the entire timeline for all the animations, after that broken into several pieces and exported as anm files), while others do not (I get an error message about "CPhysicalEntity:AddGeometry: (AnimObject4 @ 43.9,29.4,33.5) Validation Error: q is invalid or unnormalized (perhaps non-uniform scaling was used in the asset?) pt: 43.9,29.4,33.5" which I previously had with another object, but don't know how I fixed that one, just playing around with it in max and at some point it disappeared and all animations worked just fine on that object; so I suppose there must be another rule about the keys probably, I think I deleted some keys when that animation was repaired, but I cannot figure it out exactly, have tryed lots of combinations before and after posting this thread). I searched for the error above, found some related posts but nobody seems to really know what it is about. I'm also considering exporting the object as a chr, but don't know how to build the physical proxy for a "non-character" chr (the weapons have a single proxy, which doesn't work here, I believe the "character" chr model should be used), all-in-all seems more complicated, so if I find a way to fix the cga's would be ideal.

I have only rotations, maybe I should delete the position keys (if any) ? In the end the animation is exported frame-by-frame (keyframe on every frame) ? Or should I make sure there are keys on both ends for each anm animation? Non-animated objects in the hyerarchy should have keys or not ?

Thanx,
A
User avatar Creating1
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby Creating1 » 14.12.2016, 00:15

Make sure all animation objects are included on the export of that animation.
sometimes creating a new helper can make a fresh point, removing anything it had sometimes remove the errors.
If you do choose to go down the chr root then separate the proxys for each moving part.
If you want further help then pm me.
It's Minutes to Midnight
User avatar gigilulu
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby gigilulu » 15.12.2016, 15:25

It seems that the problem was caused by the kind of animation itself (the default/full-lenght anim was a 3 parts one - in, cyclic, out) and the fact that not all the moving part had keys on the beginning of each separate anim/sequence/segment; so the solution was to add a key for position/rotate/scale on the first frame of each anim (even if there were not other transformations of a certain type afterwards), and lastly to delete the keys outside that anim (in order to avoid these affect the current anim; of course, after export reverted back to the version with all the keys); I'm not sure though if all the steps/actions were indeed necessary because the "always update" checkbox in the animObject animation properties doesn't seem to update always :) and in some cases I realized that the anim was repaired only after restarting the editor (delete & undo also didn't work for this). Anyway, now everything works correctly.

Thanx again,
A