Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

[SOLVED] Scaleform tries to access non-existent methods

If you're looking for help with Scaleform, HUD development, UI Emulator/Actions, this is the place!

User avatar ToddTheWraithX
Just getting started
Just getting started

[SOLVED] Scaleform tries to access non-existent methods

Postby ToddTheWraithX » 01.03.2015, 03:47

Hi,

I have been building my own UI for the past few days and everything was working fine during my tests in FlashDevelop but tried it in the engine.
The console is being spammed by the following two lines:
Code: Select all
[Error] <Flash> Error: CallMethod - 'apply' on invalid object. [Libs/UI//HUD2.swf]
[Error] <Flash> Error: Invoked method (broadcastMessage) is not a function [Libs/UI//HUD2.swf]

Now, I don't have a method "broadcastMessage", nor do I try calling it anywhere. Is the calling of the method something coming from Scaleform itself and is there any way (like a stack-trace e.g.) to debug the error?

Best regards,
Todd

EDIT:

I am using the Tween-class which apparently has a habbit of calling undefined methods. I copied the files and guarded the method-calls with if clauses to solve this.
User avatar deimortem
Just getting started
Just getting started

Re: [SOLVED] Scaleform tries to access non-existent methods

Postby deimortem » 17.08.2016, 17:17

Hi Todd,

Can u explain more precisly what u did to resolve this issue ?

I have the same one but I dont understand exactly what u did to resolve it.

"I copied the files and guarded the method-calls with if clauses to solve this."

kind regards

Dei