Forums Gallery LOGIN |REGISTER

Community Archive is read-only - Here you can view content recorded up until February 2017. To join the latest discussions visit our new forums

GFX Interface.

If you're looking for help with Scaleform, HUD development, UI Emulator/Actions, this is the place!

User avatar FANERA
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

GFX Interface.

Postby FANERA » 25.12.2016, 19:15

Hello. I made a button to change the color of the animation when the cursor of her concerns. But when I give the command to move the second frame after clicking on it the animation does not work.
Help me fix this, PLEASE: D
Attachments
UI.rar
(447.55 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
User avatar Lavizh
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: GFX Interface.

Postby Lavizh » 25.12.2016, 21:23

/Moved to Scaleform.

Image  Image
User avatar asfor_farah
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby asfor_farah » 26.12.2016, 00:44

Here is how it should work :)
Attachments
Menu_1_1.rar
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Check my YouTube channel ^-^ :cheesy: :easter: :
http://www.youtube.com/c/farahsamir

#Asfor
User avatar FANERA
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby FANERA » 26.12.2016, 14:11

asfor_farah wrote:Here is how it should work :)

OH YEAH!! Finally! 2 weeks I tried to do it! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Can I donate to you in gratitude?
User avatar asfor_farah
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby asfor_farah » 26.12.2016, 15:56

FANERA wrote:

You welcome ^^
i don't have any payment method so it ok :) , i just happy to help ;)

#Asfor
User avatar FANERA
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby FANERA » 26.12.2016, 16:16

asfor_farah wrote:
FANERA wrote:

You welcome ^^
i don't have any payment method so it ok :) , i just happy to help ;)

Okay. Once again THANK YOU!
User avatar darmaximus
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby darmaximus » 26.01.2017, 15:34

I guess this is the best thread to clarify couple of things I don't fully get about the necessity of using scaleform. Do I have to use it? I would appreciate if someone could suggest the best way to make interface. Can I still use flash & convert it to gfx or do I need a scaleform license for that too? If yes, then what other alternative options we have for creating menu/UI/minimap etc?
User avatar FANERA
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby FANERA » 26.01.2017, 16:43

darmaximus wrote:I guess this is the best thread to clarify couple of things I don't fully get about the necessity of using scaleform. Do I have to use it? I would appreciate if someone could suggest the best way to make interface. Can I still use flash & convert it to gfx or do I need a scaleform license for that too? If yes, then what other alternative options we have for creating menu/UI/minimap etc?

Hello. Nor any certain way to create a no interface. If you want to create an interface, and you know what language AC2 easily imagine how to make the interface and do. So I came up with the same language but AC2 not know so asked for help.
User avatar darmaximus
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby darmaximus » 26.01.2017, 20:34

FANERA wrote:Hello. Nor any certain way to create a no interface. If you want to create an interface, and you know what language AC2 easily imagine how to make the interface and do. So I came up with the same language but AC2 not know so asked for help.

Thx for quick reply @FANERA. I understand a bit AS2, I'm little bit rusty but it's fairly easy. Perhaps I didn't express myself very well, as I meant whether I should be actually using AS2 & Flash or is there any other method like HTML5 or using any other language. When I looked into other posts related to scaleform it wasn't hard to notice that we apparently need to purchase Scaleform license for GFX Video. Do we need scaleform license for GXF menu, hud, too? Or is it going to work. My apologies for perhaps lame question, but it's not exactly clear to me.

When I checked Scaleform website they redirect to ther gamedev kit and explain what is it. Question is whether something change in workflow.

Thanks for your help in advance.
User avatar asfor_farah
Intern Dev
Intern Dev

Postby asfor_farah » 26.01.2017, 21:12

darmaximus wrote:Flash or is there any other method like HTML5 or using any other language.

yet there isn't any 100% working method with other language , there is HTML but need a lot's of C++ work and isn't finished yet !
there is a post about XAML but isn't released yet !

When I looked into other posts related to scaleform it wasn't hard to notice that we apparently need to purchase Scaleform license for GFX Video. Do we need scaleform license for GXF menu, hud, too?

For Video yes you need , for any other UI no you don't need the license

#Asfor
User avatar darmaximus
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby darmaximus » 27.01.2017, 03:17

asfor_farah wrote:
yet there isn't any 100% working method with other language , there is HTML but need a lot's of C++ work and isn't finished yet !
there is a post about XAML but isn't released yet !

For Video yes you need , for any other UI no you don't need the license

Thanks a lot asfor_farah! That's what I needed to know. I'm webdev switching to game dev myself, and although I didn't use flash for years I kind of like it it's even better to use flash.In the matter of fact still have old Macromedia Studio license somewhere so it's gonna be fun to use it again for something cool such as UI and menu :)

BTW do you know what's the actual cost of scaleform for video use? I found some posts on Unity and Unreal forums that license is around $300 for Unity and UE4 but I went to far to switch the engine because of minor feature like that. Anyway, I like CE more but still would be great to be able to use it for some cut scenes.
User avatar Lavizh
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Postby Lavizh » 27.01.2017, 09:26

Last time i contacted Autodesk they wanted $4000 for casual and $7000 for normal license. Greedy Autodesk.

Image  Image
User avatar darmaximus
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby darmaximus » 27.01.2017, 18:20

Lavizh wrote:Last time i contacted Autodesk they wanted $4000 for casual and $7000 for normal license. Greedy Autodesk.

Thanks Lavizh, this gives me idea of the scale and honestly that's way too much for me. No wonder Autodesk doesn't show up prices upfront. It would be great if they introduce licensing similar to Wwwise which is really fair in my opinion and allows individuals and indies to start up and use their technologies.
User avatar Lavizh
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Postby Lavizh » 27.01.2017, 18:47

Yeah they have never been indie friendly and probably never will. Better to look for other options.

Image  Image
User avatar darmaximus
Just getting started
Just getting started

Postby darmaximus » 27.01.2017, 21:36

Lavizh wrote:Yeah they have never been indie friendly and probably never will. Better to look for other options.

Yeah, I would presume so too :) I've been looking for some middleware info. Found this post useful: viewtopic.php?f=373&t=94123 which also mentions Awesomium for UI purposes. Lavizh, I'm still not sure whether I can use Flash for UI as per aforementioned post CE uses Scaleform for flash rending. Could you confirm this please whether I should be doing it using Flash at all. As anyway I will into Scaleform usage?