Get CRYENGINE Today
The most powerful game development platform is now available to everyone. Full engine source code. All features. No royalties. No obligations.
All CRYENGINE users will always have access to the latest version of the engine behind visual benchmark titles like the Crysis series or Evolve. Users will have access to the same tools that our internal teams at Crytek use to create our own AAA games.
Full Engine Source Code
For the first time ever, we are giving all members of the CRYENGINE community full access to the engine’s source code, allowing them to create more ambitious experiences than ever before.
Users can commercialize any games they develop using CRYENGINE as they choose, without being tied to any distribution platforms or middleware services.
We firmly believe that the people benefiting from a game’s success should first and foremost be its creators. That’s why games developed with CRYENGINE are 100% royalty-free, no matter how much you earn.
Access to all platforms
All users will get access to CRYENGINE on all supported platforms: Windows and Linux PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Due to licensing terms, we have to ask any users interested in console development to provide us proof of their status as licensed developers with Sony and/ or Microsoft.
Primed for VR development
We are big believers in the transformative potential of Virtual Reality at Crytek. That is why CRYENGINE supports Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Open-Source VR and PlayStation VR, allowing users to achieve their vision regardless of hardware.
A Marketplace for everyone
All users can buy and sell assets on the CRYENGINE Marketplace, allowing for faster development and rapid prototyping. 30% of all revenue generated from asset sales will go to CRYENGINE, with the remaining 70% going directly to the Asset Vendor.
More learning resources than ever
We have put a renewed focus on making it easier to learn game development with CRYENGINE, including a completely retooled documentation and manual as well as dozens of new high-quality video tutorials.