Welcome to CRYENGINE 5.5 Preview 2! As you know, work never stops on the development of the engine, and todayâ€™s update pushes things forward. Again. We couldnâ€™t have put this update together without the help of our community, so as ever, weâ€™d like to thank everyone for all your feedback and suggestions. Keep it coming.
Accessing the 5.5.0 Preview 2 Release
CRYENGINE Preview versions are now available through the CRYENGINE Launcher.
Having logged into the CRYENGINE Launcher go to LIBRARY -> My Engines where your currently installed and available Engines are listed. From there Engines can be updated (installed).
CRYENGINE can still be obtained from GitHub as can full Sandbox Editor source code. For more information on getting started with the CRYENGINE source code from GitHub please visit our technical documentation on Building the Engine from Source Code.
Code Interface Changes
For more information, see the Important CRYENGINE 5.5 Data and Code Changes article.
If you are upgrading from CRYENGINE 5.4, please read this topic: Migrating from CRYENGINE 5.4 to CRYENGINE 5.5.
- Anim: Save/load breaks default character movement - note: singleplayer only).
- Save: Using Save as... after a save makes brushes disappear and unusable.
- Rendering: Resizing the Properties Panel corrupts rendering in the Character Tool.
- Designer: Designer surfaces are invisible or flicker during edit mode and after.
- Global VFX: Switching layers breaks particles, visuals and audio for them.
- Area: VisArea does not hide objects outside of the area.
- Substance: Creating a substance graph preset does not create the related texture files (diff, spec, ddna, etc.).
- DX12: Various issues related to DX12.
- Vulkan: Various issues related to Vulkan.
- VR: Currently not working.
- C#: Memory corruption can occur after reloading scripts in Sandbox, resulting in possible crashes and undefined behavior.
- Fixed: Wwise implementation now uses proper MSVC libraries during linking in regards to the used compiler toolset.
- Fixed: Clang compiler error.
- Fixed: Crash when opening a certain Particle Effect.
- Fixed: Crash in Trackview.
- Fixed: Crash when ungrouping an empty group.
- Fixed: Crash when extracting objects from a prefab.
- Fixed: Crash when renaming imported textures.
- Fixed: Creating a substance graph preset does not create the related texture files.
- Fixed: Warnings when reloading item scripts in GameSDK.
- Fixed: Message notification for the texture compiler may not dissappear.
- Fixed: (FBX Importer) Mesh importer cannot save new files.
- Fixed: (Terrain Editor) Painting terrain texture does not work if "Mask by Altitude and Slope" checkbox is enabled.
- Fixed: (Schematyc) Switched the logic of Equal and NotEqual.
As a polite reminder, this is an experimental release and features are subject to changes, bugs, and gremlins, as youâ€™d expect with a beta production. Please back up your projects before working with any of our latest builds to make sure your core project is safe. If you find an issue please reach out to us via the thread on the official CRYENGINE forum or report issues via GitHub Issue Reporter. In case of engine crashes, please use the Crash Reporter in the launcher when it pops up and don't forget to attach all reports! We hope you enjoy the build and we look forward to seeing what you can do with it.
- Your CRYENGINE Team