This is a minor release of CRYENGINE containing several items to help with overall stability.
- Updated Oculus spatializer to version 1.29.0.
- Fixed: Texture compilation notification is stuck permanently compiling.
- Fixed: Changes and edits to Designer Objects do not mark its layer as modified.
- Fixed: Creating a new level didn't allow the user to save changes to layers.
- Fixed: Missing Normalmap_lowQ Preset from CryTiff plugin.
Release Notes can be found here.
New to CRYENGINE? Welcome!
Get started with CRYENGINE 5.5 by registering & downloading here!
Upgrading from an older Version?
If you are upgrading your project from CRYENGINE 5.4, please read this topic: Upgrading from CRYENGINE 5.4 to CRYENGINE 5.5
For more information on Code Interface Changes, see the Important CRYENGINE 5.5 Data and Code Changes article.
If your project was created using a C++ or C# template, and you have not modified its source code:
- Create a new template of the same type in the CRYENGINE Launcher and then copy your modified assets over. This is much easier than fixing the template code to match the new engine interfaces.
If your project was created using a C++ or C# template, and you have modified its source code:
- You will need to manually fix code errors caused by the engine interface changes. Please see the aforementioned Data & Code-Change Article for more information on what has changed.