We're launching our official Twitch channel today, with a full schedule of tutorial content to accompany devcom. Get involved!
We're delighted to invite you to join us over on our official CRYENGINE Twitch channel, launching today to coincide with devcom. Our first stream will be today, August 17, at 17:00 GMT +2, and your host will be Roman Perezogin, Junior Technical Designer for CRYENGINE, aka Cry-Journey. He will be presenting the first of ten sessions as part of the CRYENGINE Summer Academy, running through to August 30. Our Twitch channel lets you watch streams from CRYENGINE experts, covering a range of different topics about our engine and game development in general, so like and follow us on Twitch and invite your friends to join us too.
The CRYENGINE Summer Academy is kicking off our Twitch launch, with ten live sessions in which we will build a game from scratch together. We'll have hosts and special guests guiding you every step of the way and sharing their expertise and real-world stories. The sessions will cover all the tools and features in the engine that you need to create a full game. We'll also be hosting a special animation AMA. We will be running six sessions this week, and you can check out the schedule below:
• Session 1 - The Journey Begins - Gameplay and concepting: 17 Aug, 17:00 - 18:30 GMT +2
• Session 2 - Platforming is a Breeze - Gameplay programming in C++: 18 Aug, 17:00 - 18:30 GMT +2
• Session 3 - Blend your Spaces - Making your character move: August 19, 17:00 - 18:30 GMT +2
• Session 4 – CRYENGINE Animation AMA - What makes CRYENGINE's animation system special and what's planned for the future?: 21 Aug, 16:00 - 17:30 GMT +2
• Session 5 – Low-Poly Art Styles - Fill your levels with life using the CryDesigner Tool and Blender assets for a simplistic art style: August 22, 16:00 - 17:30 GMT +2
• Session 6 - The Art of Lighting - How artificial 3D spaces need really good photon perception emulation: August 23, 16:00 - 17:30 GMT +2
If you're signed up for devcom, you can also join via the Pine app. The CRYENGINE Summer Academy is just one element of our participation in this year's digital devcom conference. You can also connect with us via our virtual booth, and of course, participate in a range of networking opportunities to connect with fellow devs and watch talks from industry experts. It's not too late to sign up, so register here.
We can't wait for you to join us on Twitch, so stop by, say hi, subscribe, and let's make a game together!
We look forward to your feedback on the forum, or via Facebook and Twitter. You can ask questions, pick up tips and tricks, and more by joining our community and the CRYENGINE development team over on our official CRYENGINE Discord channel. Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest tutorials. If you find a bug in the engine, please report it directly on GitHub, which helps us to process the issue quickly and efficiently.
Are you looking for your next career move? At Crytek, we value diversity, and we actively encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels to apply to our open positions, so join us over at LinkedIn and check out our careers page.
You must consent to data storage for Basic website functionality to use this feature